Recent content by dimmi

1. D

Dow Super Tuff-R

Thanks again. Appreciate your help. ******* had 100ct boxes of 1/4, 3 3/4" long tapcons fo $14.99! I snapped up the last box. Last question. The 2" XPS is straight edge. You think it make a big difference verses tonge and groove?
  2. D

Dow Super Tuff-R

Thanks for the quick response. I took your advise and stripped down the existing furring and put up 2 layers of 1" XPS. I used Tyvek tape to seal the seams and Great Stuff foam for the surrounding gaps. The 2 layers worked better than 1. I was able to slip the 1st under the metal electrical...
  3. D

Dow Super Tuff-R

above grade block insulation Just finished reading this thread. Great info Dana. I have a couple of questions. I have a cement block wall above grade. This room is pretty cold in the winter. The wall was insulated with 2 inch unfaced fiberglass bat between the 2x2 furring that is nailed into...
  4. D

fiberglass tub apron removal

should I cut the panel off and replace it with a tiled apron?
  5. D

the other wall is exterior cement block. I need to change the roman tub faucet.
  6. D

How do I remove the large panel (72"x18") from the tub so I can access the plumbing? Can I cut the whole thing off and replace it with a tiled panel? The only access panel is in the closet next to the bathroom. It opens up were the pump is. The faucets are about 60" from that panel. I don't know...
  7. D

whirpool roman tub faucet removal/installation

Well, before I even get to that faucet I need to remove the plastic panel covering the front of the tub. The panel is 6' long by 1.5' high. There is a joint line about 2" below the top edge that was covered by a chrome color plastic strip. I removed it (it was self-adhesive) but the panel won't...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks