Recent content by Dig Doug

1. Dig Doug

Need help: how to best add a cleanout to a line in the crawlspace

Success! Cut out about 40 feet of pipe, cleaned lots of junk out of it, put it all together with an added cleanout, got as close to 1/4" slant as I could and life is good now again. Thanks for the help.
  2. Dig Doug

Thanks. I hope to try this this weekend. I'll let you know how it goes. It turns out I won't be able to get 1/4" per foot slope, because they hung it all too high, but should be able to rehang it to get 1/8" per foot; I am hoping that is enough. One last (I hope) question: I plan to make...
  3. Dig Doug

Thanks. By “roll up” do you mean have the Opening of the wye at the top?
  4. Dig Doug

I have a line from the sink to the other side of the house that I cannot unclog by snaking or using Bio-Clean. It's about 40 feet long with a couple of twists before it disappears into the wall and goes for I'm not sure how much further. The horizontal 40 feet is not slanted well for at least...
  5. Dig Doug

Stubborn pipe blockage problem snaking hasn't fixed

Yes, we put nothing down the sink or disposal anymore that we can avoid. Scrape scraps into trash (and pour grease into trash) or, if liquid other than grease, take it to the toilet that goes almost directly to large pipe connected closely to sewer connection. I'll always try Bio-clean before...
  6. Dig Doug

4 month update for anyone that comes across this: my pipe is still clear! This was after two months or more of my wife bailing water every time the dishwasher ran and using the toilet across the house to pour anything down the drain she would have otherwise used the kitchen drain for. After I...
  7. Dig Doug

I was just going off their website: https://www.bio-clean.ca/ "It does not attack live tissue nor inorganic materials, only organic wastes like grease, hair, food particles, paper, cotton & sewage." I do believe it works. My update was poorly written in places that may seem like I do not, so...
  8. Dig Doug

UPDATE: did the Bio-Clean work? I'm not sure as I cannot see inside the pipes. But a week after using it for about 8 days, no backups yet. Used the stuff for about 8 days treating it night and day and not using the sink at all (when instructions only mention using at night when you won't be...
  9. Dig Doug

Thanks everyone for the advice. I'm going to try the Bio-clean first just to see if it does anything. I'll give it three weeks of treatments. If that doesn't work, I think I'll try a jetting kit (or maybe just a garden hose first). If that doesn't work, I'll try the other suggestions. I'll...
  10. Dig Doug

Pipes are PVC. I see the jetting kits. I have an electric pressure washer. This may be the way I go first, although I'd like to try the Bio-clean. It sounds too good to be true, but may be worth a shot first. I got my snake stuck at about 50 feet and could not pull it back out no matter how...
  11. Dig Doug

Every time I try something "simple," I screw it up, so cutting the pipe will be my last resort. If/when I do, I'll try it right at where the pipe goes into the wall. Reach4, I will try the Bio-clean mentioned at the link you provided.
  12. Dig Doug

Wife wants to wait to get vaccine for a bit to see if it works with variants, so option 2 isn't feasible. Prior plumber cut pipe below sink where it starts going horizontal, so that 90 degree bend is okay and no clog between sink and it. There are two 45 degree bends before it goes into wall...
  13. Dig Doug

Problem: kitchen sink almost fully stopped up. All other sinks, toilets and baths are on other side of house and connected together and have no problems whatsoever. Pipe from sink is 2" and I'd say about 50 feet before joining the rest of house pipes; I can follow the pipe in the crawlspace a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks