Recent content by Dia

1. Dia

plumbers grease in showerhead

Just here asking your opinions and advice. I am not a plumber or DIYer ... we have just completed 2 bathroom renovations and all has gone reasonably well until final installation of products ... I posted regarding toilet issues on other forum ... in this case our 'new' plumber put our...
  2. Dia

Toilet bolt cap problem

2nd plumber came back as one of the toilets was rocking a bit ... he put some plastic wedges underneath ... so far so good on that one. Our ensuite toilet was adjusted as well as after re-installing it, it was pushed right up against the wall and made an awful sound when trying to sit down ...
  3. Dia

Toilet bolt cap problem

Well, plumber #2 came and re-installed my toilets. He said the original flanges were ok but they were also a little low as a new sub floor was put in over our old one ... his solution was to put in a "repair flange" (I think that's what it's called) ... solid brass over our old black plastic...
  4. Dia

Toilet bolt cap problem

Thanks once again! I'll be sure to show our new plumber your pics ... and I'll keep you posted as to how our new toilets make out with their re-installation.
  5. Dia

Toilet bolt cap problem

First, regarding the oval/elliptical washer ... the first plumber told us when we saw the toilets installed that he used his own brass bolts/washers as the ones supplied with the toilets were junk ... I have not seen the ' junk' ... and as I am cleaning up ... he must have taken them with him as...
  6. Dia

Toilet bolt cap problem

Given my 'distress' over the exposed holes on the sides of my new toilets (even with bolt caps on), I called another plumber to get a 2nd opinion. After coming to take a look he thought perhaps my flanges were old (my home was built in 1979) and the bolts might not line up properly to have the...
  7. Dia

Help! Is shower trim wrong in all 3 bathrooms?!

I too, am having the same problem ... just saw our finished trim today. Moen Kingsley shower handle (moentrol) in ensuite and Moen Rothbury tub/shower combo in main. I asked the plumber about it but he said that was perfectly normal. I don't like how it looks at all ... as for "being one of...
  8. Dia

Toilet bolt cap problem

I've just had my plumber in to install our new Ultramax II toilets in two bathrooms that are just in the final stages of being renovated. I noticed that where the bolt comes up there is an oval brass washer then a plastic washer, then the cap snaps on. On both toilets the "hole" is exposed...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks