Recent content by Dhagin

1. Dhagin

How can I avoid a leak from hidden flexible Handheld showerhead hose in a tub?

Terry. :) Never said you need to moderate better, or worse, or anything. Let personal attacks stand, or don't. Moderate, or don't, as you see fit. It's your site after all, run it as you see fit. :) Just so you know, there are folks i have placed on "Ignore" here. It's too bad really...
  2. Dhagin

How Do I Grout This Decorative Tile

Hi Doug. :) Trying to stop batches in corners is a hold over from the days before color controlled grouts like Permacolor. With a project like yours, a wide open floor, or similar, we measure batches carefully and grout away. Never had any issues with Permacolor or similar grouts by doing...
  3. Dhagin

PVC Shower Drain help!

Cut the 2" riser down with an inside pipe cutter, available at the local hardware of box store, install a coupling, then install a new riser that is the correct height. :)
  4. Dhagin

Big problems arise after bathroom remodel: advice needed

I'm with the Licensed Plumbers here, both Terry & HJ. The cracked caulk is a symptom of a larger problem it seems. The caulk also does not appear to be 100% silicone, which is what you need in that location. That said, you have way more movement than most tubs. If you can verify the...
  5. Dhagin

How can I avoid a leak from hidden flexible Handheld showerhead hose in a tub?

All those handhelds are like that. I like both the rental agreement idea AND the leak detection idea. With the leak detection, you can tie in a automatic shutoff valve, but be prepared to spend some coin. :)
  6. Dhagin

Tub removed, bringing out new questions/issues

This is true, and regional differences necessitate various construction details. :)
  7. Dhagin

How Do I Grout This Decorative Tile

Permacolor is top of the line cement grout. Use it with confidence. That said, there's a few things to consider. 1- anytime you grout a tile with sanded grout, scratching the tile is a possibility. To be sure, make a small test board and push hard with grout float and see how it does...
  8. Dhagin

Building wet shower wall

Hi Pete. :) Not quite sure what the plan is here... are you building a complete shower where there was one before? are you just replacing one wall in an existing shower? Do you see any signs of waterproofing of the existing shower walls or floor? If so, what are they? Maybe back up a few...
  9. Dhagin

Hot Showers - Getting the temperature just right, Top Five Tips from the pros

HJ nailed it in post 2. And i'll repeat for the folks at home. ;) Set the water heater properly. It don't need to be 200F! Then set the valve upper limit stops or temp valve, using whatever combination of thermometer and container you have. No need for anything fancy, just set it up so no...
  10. Dhagin

Slab for curb and poy wall

Hi Kevin. From your list, I'd recommend the quartz or granite, but there are other good choices too. What tile or stone is in your shower? Got any photos? Make some calls to local stone countertop fabricators, there are a few in your area of the lower mainland. Some are happy to cut a...
  11. Dhagin

Educating The Budget Client on Tile shower pricing

Oh, i see. Perhaps you could benefit from something like this. There are some very good estimating books out there, have been for a long time. They typically have multipliers for various regions. :)...
  12. Dhagin

I need advice on sorting slate tiles. Which issues should I avoid?

Maybe you'd be better off posting this question over at John Bridge's tile site, rather than a plumbing site? :) http://www.johnbridge.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1
  13. Dhagin

I'm sorry Mr, Mrs, Ms (or whatever) rscb. I did read from the beginning, and reread from the beginning. Still no answer to any of those questions I asked? Maybe someone who estimates, runs, owns, or schedules for a contracting business could help? Define the parameters, then solicit...
  14. Dhagin

Pricing is tough to discuss. First there's regional differences; like accepted practices, codes, weather/climate accommodation, etc... Then there's business structure differences; like a multi million dollar company with crews for each step, a one man show, a general contractor, a handyman -...
  15. Dhagin

Finishing up a Kerdi shower questions

That's the big IF my friend. This job had a deadline and ColorRite was quickest... We've had manufactures caulks that didn't match either, so there are no guarantees. My solution: Test before committing. :)
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks