Recent content by DevilDog_RVN

1. DevilDog_RVN

Irrigation Head Scratcher - The Thot Plickens

I thought that by testing for voltage sequentially beginning with the valve closest to the controller, I would find the problem between two valve boxes when the voltage went to zero between them. That never happened.
  2. DevilDog_RVN

The timer is a brand-new Rachio R3 which includes its own transformer.
  3. DevilDog_RVN

The controller is a brand-new Rachio R3.
  4. DevilDog_RVN

I measured the voltages first at the controller and then at the solenoids. I'm puzzled at how I found 27 VAC at the solenoids and no continuity to any of the zones when I ohmed those out at the controller.
  5. DevilDog_RVN

I checked voltages at all six zones. Number 6 is closest to the controller, number 1 is furthest away. 6,5,4, & 3 Showed ~27 VAC. 2 & 1 showed 19VAC. I'm thinking that may be too low to actuate a solenoid. None of the valves open from the controller. Then I ohmed out all six zones and they all...
  6. DevilDog_RVN

We had a near miss with lightning at our house about 6 weeks ago. We lost 3 TV sets, a wireless router, a couple of FireSticks, and one desktop computer that was not behind a UPC. That may or may not have anything to do with what follows. A few days after the storm passed, we noticed that the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks