Recent content by deuce6911

1. D

Well located under house.

I'm thinking it would be possible to extend the casing to about 10" to 12" above grade. Then replace the cement step with a small deck using 2 x 10 joists. Could be made to look nice. Then the well head could be between the joists and could be accessed by removing a couple deck boards. But yes...
  2. D

After further research it seems likely that the well is located under my front step. This is based on some documentation that another neighbor had. It shows the location of the well as under the front step. They have the same house built the same year. Their well depth is recorded as 182 feet...
  3. D

The pipes are plastic so I think a tracer wire would have to be inserted from inside the house to use the electronic locating method. I would rather not disassemble any piping until I know what I am dealing with. Our soil is very easy to dig in (all sand) so I may just dig near the house and...
  4. D

Good point, I will find this thing before winter.
  5. D

I am thinking with the jet pump setup that I have the top of the well must be at least 4 ft deep. Otherwise I don't see how the pump could be primed if it was lower than the top of the well where the hoses enter the well. Does that make sense?
  6. D

If I start probing around with a steel rod don't I run the risk of damaging the plastic hoses going from the well to the pump? I am assuming the top of the well will be about 4 feet down since that is the depth where the hoses go horizontal under the foundation.
  7. D

It is a split level house. When I am standing in the basement, ground level is about waist high. I think I will leave it alone for now, at least until my curiosity gets the better of me again.
  8. D

The information I have been given was all wrong! After making a larger opening around the piping it is clear that the well is not located below the slab. I can follow the piping down and feel it go horizontal under the foundation. So now it looks like the well is somewhere in the front yard...
  9. D

I am really starting to get curious about this. Last night I tried to look down around the pipes through the slab. I could not see much because the hole through the slab is not much larger than the two lines. What I can tell though is that directly below the slab where the lines go through there...
  10. D

Technically speaking, if I were to replace my 1/2 hp pump with a 3/4 or 1 hp pump without changing the jet or anything inside the well, what would the potential issues be?
  11. D

We have only lived in the house for 3 years. When we bought the house there were no issues with the well not meeting code. Does this requirement only apply if the well is worked on? i.e. If we do decide to have work done to the well would it then need to meet current codes?
  12. D

The opening is only about 3.5" in diameter, just big enough for the two pipes to pass through. What would be wrong with the well that would make me better off with a new well?
  13. D

I would like to upgrade my 1/2 hp convertible jet pump in the near future. According to all documentation that I have and what I can see in the basement, the well seems to be located under the house. The house was built in 1971 and the well driller is now out of business. I talked to my neighbor...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks