Recent content by Designie

1. Designie

Faucet valve supply line connection

Hello, I have a faucet valve that has a 1/2" NPT connection on the bottom, and a 1/2" straight pipe thread connection out the side. A regular 1/2" FIP supply line with the internal rubber gasket appears to connect just fine to both threads. Are there any issues with using this supply line for...
  2. Designie

Sulfur Dioxide gas issue

Yes, not sulfur dioxide!!! Why did I say that?
  3. Designie

Sulfur Dioxide gas issue

Hi guys, I am having a recurring, albeit maybe quite rare, problem with Sulfur Dioxide gas. I put the well pump and pressure tank system in about a year ago, and the softener system about 8 months ago. We were building the house then, just about to move in last September. Soon after we moved...
  4. Designie

Loud noise from tank when faucet is first turned ON, not off.

Thanks, guys. I will investigate a little further. I am going to look at it tonight. There is no air at the faucets when they are turned on. Also the noise happens no matter what faucet or valve gets opened, kitchen, bathrooms, dishwasher, washer. Very frustrating.... ---- OK I literally just...
  5. Designie

Loud noise from tank when faucet is first turned ON, not off.

I have a condo we are renting and have been having a problem off and on with the water heater for a few years. The unit was new in 2004. It is a gas water heater and the condo has CPVC plumbing. When you FIRST turn on the water at a faucet, you hear a very loud chugging, banging sound from...
  6. Designie

Softener System Recommendation - Please Help!

That's what I was asking, I wasn't sure what was actually in "softened" water. I know it adds some salt, but I'm not worried about that. I love salt!!!! :D
  7. Designie

Thanks for the replies. It seems as I will go with a 1.5 cu. ft. system with a Fleck 2510 SXT valve. After that, I don't know if I will get a RO system or not. Does anyone actually use their softened water without RO for drinking and/or cooking? My neighbor across the street is also a...
  8. Designie

The one they quoted would not, but they have that same softener with the SXT for $50.00 more. Is that something I would want? Does the 2510 sound like the right choice for me? Thanks.
  9. Designie

This is our new house and we need a softener system as we are ready to have the hot water tanks and such installed. The plumbing has been on for awhile now, just to use toilets, test the fixtures and get water for mixing grout and such. The well is 240 ft deep. The well log shows 6 gpm of...
  10. Designie

DWV Toilet to Sanitary t

A wye fitting with a 45 elbow is the optimum way to do that fitting. It is NOT the same as the sanitary tee.
  11. Designie

Salt Free Conditioners vs. Tradiional Softeners?

Alright, it appears as though the salt free conditioners are not the way to go. I have found a few softener systems online that look pretty good. I think I would go with the Fleck 7000 valve after reading what Gary had commented in a previous post. I noticed you cannot buy the Clack systems...
  12. Designie

I did test for all of that stuff, Gary. It was a very in depth test I had performed by a local lab. I can't remember when I posted it, but I had put the entire test results in a post in the well forum. There was no Coliform, Sulfate is 170 mg/L, PH is 7.7, akalinity is 210 mg/L.
  13. Designie

The test results also show Chlorides at 620 mg/L. Not sure if that helps.
  14. Designie

The water has a sodium content of 514 mg/L. It doesn't taste salty, is that a high content? The test I had done lists all of the minerals and contaminants. I just gave the 3 values that were used in the hardness score. Total Dissolved Solids is listed as 1500 mg/L though. Where about's in...
  15. Designie

I am looking for some feedback on treating my well water for my new house. I am just about to buy a softener and have been trying to research as much as I can about these things. I know I will be OK with a conventional salt softener, I've read many good threads on this forum. My water has...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks