Recent content by DesignerRants

1. DesignerRants

Toto Drake: no glaze in trapway?

Thanks again, good info. I've been looking at Drakes with CEFIONTECT online. Now I'll add Entradas to the list. I think this may really be my last question on the topic, but do you or anyone have advice on where to buy a toilet? Is it to the point yet where it's economical to purchase and have...
  2. DesignerRants

Thanks again for the info. One more question: Now that I"m feeling funneled, so to speak, into a Toto; Why the focus on Drake models? Is it because of a price/quality/feature nexus that presents an exceptional value proposition that the Consumer should exploit, or something else? I've seen...
  3. DesignerRants

wjcandee, I wasn't having fun, I was just ignorant. I thought that bottom part of the bowl was called the trapway. Either way, that's the part that seemed to have all the glaze scraped off on a cheap toilet I bought, and it looks terrible in that it's inconsistent and different colors than the...
  4. DesignerRants

DON'T WANT A STAINED, DIRTY-LOOKING TRAPWAY AGAIN! Realize this is an old thread, but it came up in a google search. I've had a bad experience where a few years back I bought a cheap toilet and not long after, the trapway always looked disgustingly stained and ruined, not like glazed china. I...
  5. DesignerRants

Anyone know what this city side Main Water Shut-off Valve's parts are?

Thanks for the help. -- Now that I figure out what I'm looking for (angled ball meter valve), -- and I'm pretty sure of the size: ----- I went down and looked at the whole assembly again, and noticed a "3/4" on each fitting that comes out either side of the meter, and the meter has "5/8"...
  6. DesignerRants

Yeah, I'm thinking that AY Mcdonald valve might even be the same brand as mine, with the blue handle and that little cylinder bumpout.... But now I think I'm going to put a ball valve in. I was thinking something either like this SLIP version...
  7. DesignerRants

That might be the ticket, this is starting to look like my valve: http:// catalog.muellercompany [dot] com/viewdocument.ashx?t=d&i=2051
  8. DesignerRants

Just scraped it and it's definitely plastic. On the outside at least. Flexible nylon or something? Maybe it's an early version of PEX? (mid 1970s)
  9. DesignerRants

So what would that (those) part(s) be called, if I was looking for it on a plumb supply website?
  10. DesignerRants

Bingo. I'm looking online, but I don't know what to narrow it down to. I can click on "Valves>Ball Valves>..." but then if I go for compression fitting x 90 female, it's either not showing up, or it expects I'm looking for some standard PEX fitting, and I really don't know what that black...
  11. DesignerRants

Bingo. I already called my my mayor (I live in a VERY small town), and it's my responsibility. It's his responsibility to come out and shut the water off at the curb when I'm ready to replace. Thanks for the info, guys! I posted this at another DIY forum and... nothing. Then I googled for a...
  12. DesignerRants

2 Questions: 1.) Anyone know what this Main Water Shut-off Valve's parts are? 2.) Good place to order them online? Anyone familiar with the names of these fittings, and how they go together? I don't understand if I'm looking at one 90degree stop valve with a compression fitting x female...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks