Recent content by Dermochelys

1. Dermochelys

Leak at Threads Between Regulator and Valve When Running

I thought about unions but wanted to avoid as many threaded connections / points of failure as possible. Live and learn.
  2. Dermochelys

Leak at Threads Between Regulator and Valve When Running

I just replaced my three control valve manifold with Hunter anti-siphon valves and 25 psi Rainbird Pressure Regulators with Filters (installed directly into the downstream side of the valves). Everything is looking good, except when one of the drip lines with the regulator on it is running...
  3. Dermochelys

Tub spout gap fix

My tub spout has about a 1/8" to 1/4" gap between the back of it and the tile wall. I unscrewed it today to investigate why, and I think it's just the segment of pipe whoever used to install this is just a bit too long. I've attached a cutaway diagram trying to explain the situation...
  4. Dermochelys

Bathroom p-trap nut with plumbers putty?

Pretty sure it's putty, I can press my fingernail into it and it leaves a little mark / I can chip a little away with my fingernail. It's for sure not glue or silicone.
  5. Dermochelys

It appears that all of the waste arm section is glued together, than everything going upstream from the start of the p-trap has the compression fittings. I haven't had any leaks so far, but then again I haven't messed with this at all. I was just curious as if I go to replace the sink drains...
  6. Dermochelys

Hmm, I hope that's not the case. Luckily I have no urgent need to remove the p-trap. If it ends up that I do replace anything, I'll be sure to test the nut before starting up a project. Thanks for the heads up!
  7. Dermochelys

Wow, that was fast, thank you so much! So, if I have to remove the p-trap for any reason, I won't have to totally rebuild this? Just tighten up the swivel like normal and call it good (assuming no leaks)? Thanks so much!
  8. Dermochelys

I've a very novice DIYer, but trying to make some home improvements were and when I can. Thinking about putting in a new faucet and stopper for the bathroom sink, I discovered what looks to be plumbers putty around the compression nut on the p-trap. There's no leak, but this doesn't look right...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks