Recent content by Dergrah

1. Dergrah

Problem with Fleck 7000 45k water softener

Thanks for all your help ! Off the fish store. With a 10 x54 tank can I put 2 bags of softener resin? Derek
  2. Dergrah

Thanks. This is going to sound dumb but I don't think if I can get gravel locally quick for this application. Would fish tank gravel do? Tank label is not readable. Tank is 55 inch high , circumference of 33 inch Derek
  3. Dergrah

so my new questions. 1. Should I have a gravel bed? 2. I have 2 bags of resin can I use all of it vs. 1 1/2 bags? I'm sure I won't fill 2/3 of the tank with the two bags. 3. What's the down side to using the basket? Derek
  4. Dergrah

ok I lie. In the bottom of he tank there was at least 1 cubic ft of resin. After siphoning out the water from the down pipe when I looked in I expected to see media up to 2/3 of the tank and thought the bottom was gravel. I recall that came with 1 1/2 cubic ft of resin. There was no gravel bed.
  5. Dergrah

Help ! So I didn't find that the softener was doing anything after the fix of the down pipe mate the the head. So I finally got around to getting some new resin. Doing the swap out and to my surprise all my resin was gone out of the tank! Now I'm sure it was there before the last teardown. It...
  6. Dergrah

Thanks ! I actually found that I had that part. It's all back together now and I'm running it through a cycle. Can the experts recommend settings for the fleck 7000 based on my posted water test? Given that the media likely sat there for 4 1/2 years stagnant will i need to change it? Again...
  7. Dergrah

Recommendations needed to improve my water filtration system.

Making some progress today. I think I fixed my softener with a part I didn't install :) In the process I changed the filter and this is what 1 1/2 months looks like. Some of it is metallic looking stuff. Happy wife happy life. I need to keep reminding myself of that. Most of the sand and crap...
  8. Dergrah

I think it's a sand filter but with two other media types in it and come to think about it they did want to but it before the carbon filter. The storage contact tank is to give the chlorine more contact time but I suspect that is would also help with sediment separation. Your last part of you...
  9. Dergrah

Hi, My water sucks and the wife has put in the order that it must get fix ASAP. This is my second post about my system, my softener is broken but for the purposes of this post let’s assume it’s fixed. All the items I have a are 4 ½ years old. My current setup is attached with my...
  10. Dergrah

I need help to figure out why my water softener has never worked and if I need to replace to whole unit or fix the problem. I’ve created a separate post on figuring out if the rest of my set up is sufficient. Current set up is attached. Last water test results are below. A few times a year...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks