Recent content by Dennis Gillaspie

1. Dennis Gillaspie

Reducing from 2 inch Main

Jeff: I've purchased some fittings. I have a 2 in. x 1 in. PVC Schedule 40 Spigot x S Reducer Bushing. The sch 80 nipple seems quite loose inside the 1 in slip end of the bushing? Would it be better to use a 2” spigot by 1” FPT bushing and the entire nipple...
  2. Dennis Gillaspie

Does this make better sense?
  3. Dennis Gillaspie

Proper Transition - PVC to Brass

I read somewhere that when transitioning from PVC to metal, the female fitting should be metal, and the male fitting should be PVC, to prevent cracking. Is this true?
  4. Dennis Gillaspie

Is it acceptable to use an inside connector on something like this, in case the original 2" pipe has to be trimmed back too much to accept a new coupler? See the image attached.
  5. Dennis Gillaspie

Jeff, thanks. Wouldn't there need to be a short piece of PVC between the elbow and the slip bushing?
  6. Dennis Gillaspie

I notice that transitioning from PVC to brass in 2" is rather pricey. Is reducing from 2" to 1" before the shutoff okay. Then transitioning from 1" PVC to 1" brass?
  7. Dennis Gillaspie

LOL! I know. The reducing effort was quite a thing to see when I first saw it. Thanks for noticing the coupler problem. I will definitely fix that.
  8. Dennis Gillaspie

I notice that transitioning from PVC to brass in 2" is rather pricey. Is reducing from 2" to 1" before the shutoff okay. Then transitioning from 1" PVC to 1" brass?
  9. Dennis Gillaspie

My home is a manufactured home on a basement. The main water line coming into the house is 2 inch PVC. It is reduced to 3/4 at the entry right after a 2 inch ball valve main shut off. From there, 3/4 inch PVC runs the length of the house (60 feet) to the main hookup to the home's polybutylene...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks