Recent content by Del McMillen

1. Del McMillen

TPR valve leaking, new system.

I have an expansion tank and there is no check valve. I really dont even need the expansion tank due to the presence and proximity of the pressure tank. The water heater is right next to the well. Il swap out the tpr in the morning.
  2. Del McMillen

TPR valve leaking, new system.

I put a small 38gal AO Smith water heater in my shop. The TPR has been leaking since I powered it up... The incoming pressure is 40-60psi measured at the pressure tank by the well and expansion tank. This system is piped directly from the well to the shop. The only thing I can figure is that...
  3. Del McMillen

Offset tub drain in slab.

I'm building a new house on my own, I'm a novice but capable enough to get into trouble... I have what was supposed to be a shower drain stub with a trap below the slab in our guest bathroom. I was informed by my wife that this stub is now a freestanding tub drain stub. The center of the stub...
  4. Del McMillen

How to separate PVC joint in a nondestructive fashion

An oscilating tool and a big screwdriver!
  5. Del McMillen

How to separate PVC joint in a nondestructive fashion

A drawing or picture might help. But from what you said regarding the solvent... you may be out of luck. Primer or solvent welds are almost as permanent as glue in many cases but will still eventually leak...
  6. Del McMillen

Underground rough in I inspection questions?

I'm building my own house and I am about to request my first round of inspections for the plumbing and electrical rough work. I am not a plumber and have never gone through a plumbing inspection. The work will be under a mono slab in central florida. What will the inspector expect to see...
  7. Del McMillen

How should I vent this toilet?

Im planning on adding a bathroom to my workshop and im unsure of how to vent this toilet properly. Im a novice when it comes to plumbing and Im trying to make this system as simple as possible. My location is Central FL. Does anything seem awry here? EDIT: I have since "fixed" my previous...
  8. Del McMillen

Would this vent configuration work?

Since my last post things have decided to change the layout of the shop and the bathroom layout. Assuming that a 45* angle under the slab is not considered "horizontal" would this setup be acceptable? Would the AAV for the sink be necessary? (sink is ~9' from vent) Would a 22.5* angle under...
  9. Del McMillen

I am going to assume you are refering to the horizontal branch leading from the toilet stub to the partition wall? If so would removing it and relying in the vertical connection from the shower to vent it work? The distance betwene the two is less than 2'.
  10. Del McMillen

I tried my best to interpret the local requirements but its still clear as mud to me. Would this be a serviceable installation? Slab on grade in FL.
  11. Del McMillen

Under slab venting connections?

Im adding a full bathroom in a workshop addition to help keep the grime where it belongs. I am no plumber but I will be doing the work myself. I would like to think I understand the basic functions of plumbing systems but my hubris has been known to out pace my knowledge base. o_O This is what...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks