Recent content by DeesWater

1. DeesWater

Iron filter in outdoor shed - Fleck 2510 or Fleck 2510 SXT?

Aha, thank you, that is a good idea! Do you have any thoughts on whether the Fleck 2510 digital controller would be ok in the shed, or would the mechanical one be better suited for the occasional spider + web, etc. it may encounter?
  2. DeesWater

Okay, thank you. Based on everyone's help, I'll be re-doing my flow test with a helper Thurs or Fri., and watching the pressure gauge while at it. What are your thoughts on using a mechanical control vs. a digital control in an outdoor shed? Few spiders, webs, occasional mouse or gecko, and...
  3. DeesWater

Thank you. I have another hose spigot on the service line to the shed-filter spot, just before the sediment filter, but after the well + tank piping. I will re-do my flow test on Thurs or Fri from that spigot instead, though it's also on a 3/4" elbow. While I'm running this spigot, is the...
  4. DeesWater

Uh, yup - lol. Thank you! Does the pressure gauge on the well, tell me what the pressure is coming out of my spigot, when the spigot is continually running - is it an accurate gauge at this point?
  5. DeesWater

Thank you for your reply, the link to the lab, and the formula explanation. I will have my well + plumbing sanitized, and get a more comprehensive test before I start drinking the water. I'll have my TDS, iron, hardness, tested Monday by the well driller. So, if it turns out I'm only getting...
  6. DeesWater

Thank you lol, that does sound easier! I am going to hopefully have a friend on Thursday or Friday try to help me figure out more precisely how long it takes, and how much water I get, when I go from full to empty on the pressure tank. And how much water I get in a minute while the pump is...
  7. DeesWater

The pressure tank is supposed to have a drawdown of 25.3 gals when set to 40-60 psi. The pump cuts on at 40 psi, and it takes just about 1 minute to cut off again at 60 psi. I will have to get five 5 gallon buckets to see what the actual drawdown is that I am getting between tank fills. When...
  8. DeesWater

Thank you for replying. I will have to get together five 5 gal buckets to measure the actual quantity output of the pressure tank between cut-off and cut-on. The pressure tank is is supposed to have a drawdown of 25.3 gallons when it's set to 40-60 psi, which it is. The tank takes just about...
  9. DeesWater

Hello, I'm new to this forum, although I've read and learned a lot here. This is my first post. I am looking to put an iron filter, a 1.5 or 2.0 cf filox filter, on my well water. My well is a 150' deep, 4" steel cased, with 1.0 HP submersible pump, on a galvanized drop pipe, and...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks