Recent content by DeepWell

1. DeepWell

pump recommendations

It's sch 80 and steel couplings, however the check vales are SS.
  2. DeepWell

Well pump failure and electrical question. 1/2hp Goulds pump

You got that right, mine quit just before everyone showed up for my kids birthday party....
  3. DeepWell

Well pump failure and electrical question. 1/2hp Goulds pump

Those are nice! I'm going to look for those here.
  4. DeepWell

pump recommendations

The pump was removed - turns out it was a Grundfos 2.5hp set at 780' (100' from bottom). Since that pump was barely adequate for the amount of head we have, we opted for the 3 hp, 7 gpm unit. Our pitiless adaptor was found crooked and was causing the PVC pipe to bend with the pump hanging on...
  5. DeepWell

Airline for checking water level?

I actually made my own sounder that I used before, but the air line will be better for keeping contaminates out. The air line was $90 with my company discount (from Granger) and it's 150psi USA tubing. I still need to get a few of the miscellaneous pieces to make it work, compression fitting...
  6. DeepWell

pump recommendations

The well guy recommends Schaefer submersible pumps? Are they any good?
  7. DeepWell

Airline for checking water level?

I was told I should install an airline in my well to make checking water levels easy. I agree, this would be very handy, especially since we seem to get further and further in a drought with no relief in sight. Is there a special tubing I should use? I don't want this to start...
  8. DeepWell

pump recommendations

Thanks for the reply, I talked to some people today. The local pump supply recommends the grundfos pumps with stainless steel pump impellers . The guy that is scheduled to come out sells/recommends Schaefer with the tri flow impellers. The resident geologist (neighbor) says our wells are in...
  9. DeepWell

pump recommendations

Need a Deep well pump recommendation in case pump is bad. Not sure if the pumps in the sticky (variable speed that Terry was talking about) will go very deep. Anyone have recommendations for a good pump? Thanks in advance, Dean Type of pump? Submersible___X_____ Three wire (control...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks