Recent content by DeeJay

1. DeeJay

Pump won't pump to pressure

I can't really comment, except to say that the pump that I took out is a Sears 3/4 hp, and it's run perfectly for 30 years. The only maintenance has been getting the motor bearing replaced twice, when it starts to get a little loud. It was still working fine when it was removed last week, and...
  2. DeeJay

Porky, you were dead on!! When the plumber came Thursday to look at the old set up, I gave him the new pump in the box to take back to the shop. He could then get the necessary fittings etc.. The following Monday he came back, took out the old pump, and I gave him the new bladder tank to take...
  3. DeeJay

The plumber is downstairs right now. He brought the new 1/2 pump mounted to the new 19 gallon bladder tank and hooked it up this morning. Apart from a couple of minor leaks (he just is changing the plastic fittings to metal) the darn pressure won't go above 15 lb (preset to 20-40). Lots of well...
  4. DeeJay

Water Quality: Sulfur removal

While we were working on the reno today, the neighbour who had installed the peroxide injector dropped by, and we spoke about the contributions/suggestions here. He said his injector system involves another small tank into which the hydrogen peroxide gets injected at some predetermined...
  5. DeeJay

New member's questions. pressure tank sizing

I continue to read any input posters here may provide re: CSV's. Thank you. This morning I received an email from the Canadian connection for CSV in Canada. He gave me a toll-free number (Here it is for interested Canadians : Well Busters 1 866 968 1474, in Belleville Ont.) I haven't had a...
  6. DeeJay

I did another search and came up with a Canadian connection, through Lloyd Ingram, who I assume is the Cdn. distributor. I've sent him an email for information re: pricing and availability etc.. However, though I've called and emailed numerous friends/neighbours whom I know to be on wells, plus...
  7. DeeJay

Thanks for the feedback, Justwater! When the plumber arrives next week, I'll show him your picture, and your explanation.
  8. DeeJay

Just back from a run to the city to buy a bladder tank for next week. While in HD, I spoke with the head plumbing guy, who had never heard of a CSV, so the mystery continues. To avoid changing the dimensions of the pump cupboard, I bought a 19 gal horizontal bladder tank (5 yr guarantee) which...
  9. DeeJay

Thank you for all of the feedback! I appreciate the advice re: a CSV and want to buy one. The plumber just left, after taking a look at the layout etc.. He took my new 1/2 HP pump with him to make sure he has all of the fittings etc. (1/2 " copper in this place), and suggested a layout for the...
  10. DeeJay

Water Quality: Sulfur removal

This spring, after a winter of much lower than normal cottage use, the hot water had a first-time hydrogen sulfide smell, noticeable, but not overpowering. Lots of advice given by fellow cottagers, including getting a water softener. The simplest quick fix (that actually worked) was to drain...
  11. DeeJay

After a recent leak when a hose came off the pressure tank and flooded my first floor at the cottage, we're about to begin the renos- new floor and some t&g pine replacement on a wall. Because my pump is in a cupboard just inside the entrance door, the reno requires removing the cupboard and...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks