Recent content by DeeD

1. D

Quick Help - Is this threaded

Okay - we have it all fixed! The piece we cut that was not a regular pipe size was a part of the extension coupling, so we cut that off, which meant digging more and having to replace a T. Which we did. e actually dug enough that we had enough give in the pipe that we were able to make the...
  2. D

Pipe size between 1.25 and 1.5

Well we haven't actually measured, but the 1" collar/union doesn't fit over it. We have tried a 1.25 reducer and a 1.5 reducer and they don't fit either (too small and too large) On other factor -this is the main pipe from the sprinkler shutoff to the valve box.
  3. D

Pipe size between 1.25 and 1.5

We are doing some repairs and we have thought we had 1" pipe however, we seem to have a pipe that is between 1 1/4" and 1 1/2" - is that possible? Is it possible that it is schedule 80 or something that makes it a tad bigger than 1 1/4"? It is not itself a coupling, but we are scratching our...
  4. D

Okay now we have a problem - it's not a 1 1/4" or 1 1/2" so we can't find a fitting...eeek.
  5. D

Thanks folks - I appreciate the help so much!! It was a repair coupling -which was my guess last night -this part of the lawn is very root-y. The whole thing had a crack in it, so the leak was along the entire length of it -could be from a freeze I guess. The dudes at home depot swore it was...
  6. D

Hmmmm -not sure if it is a compression coupling....
  7. D

Hubby and I have a leak in our sprinkler system. We tracked it to a collar or junction just before/after the main sprinkler box. So we need to replace that. Well it looks threaded and we've tried to turn it without much luck. Being so close to the elbow we are reluctant to cut it unless we have...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks