Recent content by Dean45

1. Dean45

Recirc pump with a thermostatic valve issue?

So I attached a few photos. I added the check valve on the horizontal cold feed after reading your suggestions. Did not seem to help. The recirc was installed before I put the hybrid in. The white tank is the original indirect hw tank. The boiler and expansion tank are to the right of the...
  2. Dean45

So reading this and finding some other text online I realized my cold feed for the thermostatic valve it tee'd from the cold supply of the hot water tank. So as water is returned to the hot water tank it is entering the thermo valve instead of going into the tank. leaving me with a slug of...
  3. Dean45

Appreciate the snark. Reminds me of how forum discussions head down hill quickly. For the sake of brevity I did not include all of the info. I added a hybrid hot water heater last year. I maintain a gas boiler with indirect HW tank. So I fire up the boiler in late December to late...
  4. Dean45

That makes sense. Think having the recirc pump before the thermo valve instead of where is is after would make the difference? And where would the check valve need to be added to be effective. Thanks for your help!
  5. Dean45

Hello all. Running a hybrid hot water heater. Using it as an excess solar energy dump as well by using the element when need. I am running the temp around 132 F now. The thermostatic valve I added is giving me 124 f The amount of time and "coldness" of the water when the hot is opened is...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks