Recent content by ddurand

1. D

vent and whole house trap

vent OK, when you say downside I assume you mean between the whole house trap and the septic. But no need for one between the fixtures and the whole house trap. (The fixtures are properly vented, this would be an additional vent just before the whole house trap).
  2. D

vent and whole house trap

Assuming all fixtures are properly vented, is there any need for a vent just before a whole house trap? I am not thrilled about having a whole house trap and may remove in the future, but current there is a open piece of pipe (pointing up) in the basement just before the whole house trap. I am...
  3. D

drilling hole in SS kitchen sink

drilling and drilling I did center punch it and the bit is not wandering. It just drilled a dimple into the sink and does not seem to want to go much further.
  4. D

drilling hole in SS kitchen sink

I am trying to drill a 1 3/8" hole in a SS kitchen sink for a hot water dispenser. I first thought I should get a punch and punch the hole rather than drilling one but could not find a punch at Home Depot or any plumbing supply place. So I bought a Rigid bi-metal hole saw. Does anyone do this...
  5. D

kitchen sink gurgling

If I run water from the kitchen faucet down the sink all is well. But If I fill a large pot with water and dump that into the kitchen sink, I hear some gurgling as the last of the water leaves the sink and drain. Is this normal or a sign or a vent or drain problem. The water seems to go down...
  6. D

whole house trap

This is pretty new construction, less than 5 years old. Never heard it called a running trap. Its in addition to the normal traps for each fixture. Except for the one for the washing machine drain, that maybe they forgot.
  7. D

whole house trap

venting a whole house trap If one did have a whole house trap, it would seem one would need a vent on the septic side, in addition to all fixture drains being vented. And in my case, the whole house drain does not eliminate the bad smell, which I assume is various crud coating the 10' of...
  8. D

whole house trap

whole house drain The open pipe is on the house side of the whole house trap rather than the septic side. However the whole house trap is really an almost whole house trap, as its after all fixtures but kitchen sink. So I assume the septic can vent through the vent used by the kitchen sink.
  9. D

inline hot water heater pressure relief drain

T&P relief valve piping And do not reduce the pipe size from what the T&P relief valve is, and of course no valves or similar in the piping.
  10. D

whole house trap

The house I am looking at buying has a whole house trap in the 4" drain pipe after all the fixtures in the house but before the kitchen sink and dishwasher. I have never seen a whole house trap in a house before. The washing machine drain pipe has no trap and smells from time to time. I was...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks