Recent content by ddeslaur

1. ddeslaur

New sump pumps

I'm not sure...don't live with her just going on what she noticed and conveyed...my interpretation was that main pump slowed down and eventually went out, backup was then continually kicking on acting as the main pump and that eventually went out as well.
  2. ddeslaur

New sump pumps

My widower mom is in need of two new sump pumps. She has a main and a battery back-up that have both burnt out due to running continuoulsy. She insists on the back-up as the house has been prone to power outages during storms. The PVC coming out of the existing sump is 1.5" that converts to...
  3. ddeslaur

T0T0 Drake toilet product review

Thanks for the quick response Terry...I thought I may have been premature...but after install was looking for a big show...lots of noise(whooshing for lack of better term) and splashing. I will see how it works in action and try the hand in the water, doesn't seem to apalling as it is new...
  4. ddeslaur

T0T0 Drake toilet product review

Drake flush question Installed my new Drake yesterday with no problems. Thanks for the great site and recomendation by the way! This is our first Toto and I'm not sure what to expect of the flush. I have not put it to "use" as of yet but am underwhelmed by the flushing action. Water supply...
  5. ddeslaur

New closet flange?

In looking at some plumbing supply catalogs online it looks like the setup we have is attached below. As I mentioned earlier the new tile floor will be about 1/2" above the flange. If it is recomended that I replace the flange how best would I go about doing so?
  6. ddeslaur

New closet flange?

I looked at this assembly a little closer last night....all components are PVC....Is it possible to have an "all in one flange"? That is to say The flange the riser and the bend/elbow are all one piece. That is how our set up appears anyway...the only place I can see a clear connection is...
  7. ddeslaur

New closet flange?

Great source of invaluable information.... I am about to lay porcelain tile in a bathroom where vinyl had been previously. The PVC flange now "floats" just above the 1/2" plywood underlayment. I say floats because the underlayment was cut around the flange and not placed under it. The...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks