Recent content by ddeblance

1. D

Pumptrol problem

Ok, this is what my check valve looked like. See where the spring pushes against the casing and the other end against the white plastic. That is where it was cracked. Probably off centering the spring causing the seal to be off center as well.
  2. D

Clean my well water!!

I did flush it a couple of times during the ten years, but now I'm scared to touch the drain valve..lol.. My problem is the WH is in a closet in my utility room in a mobile home.... If I wait for it to fail won't it leak?? What's the normal life on a water heater connected to well water?? -DD
  3. D

Tank location

What's the furthest distance the tank can be from the well?? Right now it's like three foot. Is there some sort of rule to go by with what equipment I have??? The well is in the middle of my front yard, so I have this 120 gallon blue tank 100 foot from my house. Eye soar..... I thought...
  4. D

Clean my well water!!

Ok, I've been reading on here about filters and softeners and done a little research online, but I'm needing some other opinions on this issue. Right not I have the typical build-up on the shower heads and faucet screens. The white stuff that I take vinigar or CLR to.... But now I've been...
  5. D

Pumptrol problem

Speedbump, I didn't see anything like shreaded wheat in hte check valve. After I pulled the valve and could look into it, there was a white plastic ring that is part of the mech in the valve. It was cracked. Probably letting water seap back from the tank into the well. I should have taken...
  6. D

Pumptrol problem

Ok, problem solved. Over the weekend I pulled the check valve and replaced. I cleaned up the pump swithc of good measure. Been working fine with excellent pressure throughout the house, washing machine on and dish washer and all!! Thanks for all the help and feed back I received. -DD
  7. D

Pumptrol problem

Ok, the tank is a Pro-Source Retention Tank. I was wrong. But on my way home I picked up another schrader valve. I removed the old one and before I installed the new one I noticed that I could see some white plastic inside the check valve. Well it looks like it has a crack in it. So looks...
  8. D

Pumptrol problem

I could swear it's a bladder tank. It's taller than me and I'm 6'1". Has the blue epoxy paint. I'll have to check it out when I get home..... If it's a pressure tank it needs the check valve and schrader valve?
  9. D

Pumptrol problem

Yes, the tank that was installed when the well was drilled and that I removed was a bladder tank. When I called to get another one I gave them the info off the side of the tank and I went and picked up another tank. Not the same manufacturer, but same size and same holes. Water from well goes in...
  10. D

Pumptrol problem

The original tank was a bladder tank that was installed with the well about eleven years ago. I had to replace the tank about three years ago because something hit the side and a pin hole leak appeared. Now I just want to replace the snifter valve and the pumptrol if that's whats causing the...
  11. D

Pumptrol problem

Ok speedbump, might want to give me more info than that. The check valve is the small air valve?? (aka: sniffter valve, schrader valve) What is the brass peice that the air valve is screwed into? And what does that do?
  12. D

Pumptrol problem

Well, it did get air in the line awhile back. I pulled the valve off and cleaned the build up off of it and that stopped. But it still pools water when the pump turns on. I get some air when the bladder tank drops in pressure.
  13. D

Pumptrol problem

Sorry for misleading... Like I said, I'm new. The tank is a bladder tank I live in Southeast Texas so the ants are bad. I try to keep ant killer around the well, but I know when they get in because the pressure drops. And thats what I thought the initial problem was. But I checked and there is...
  14. D

Pumptrol problem

Ok, first off... I'm just learning about my well. My experience with my well is that I've replaced my pressure tank. That's it. Now for the first problem. I have a 120 gallon pressure tank with gauge, a pumptrol sitting on top of a brass check valve that reads Flowmatic, and an air valve...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks