Recent content by DCouncil

1. DCouncil

Navien NPE-240A2: Dedicated Recirc seems to make water cooler

After closing off each branch of recirc and allowing time for full cycling, i seem to have eliminated all the issues. My guess is that i had a bubble in one branch that was preventing it from circulating. I now have both branches on full open (ball valves still :shrug:), and they both seem to be...
  2. DCouncil

Thanks for the tip on globe valve. Hard to find at the big box stores, but ill see if i can order one online. I did confirm tonight that the water is getting chilly when the flow gets becomes less than or equal to 1.0 gpm, any of the smart guys know if this threshold triggers a different pump...
  3. DCouncil

Hugely helpful, fitter. Thank you! I will pop the shower head off and give the high flow scenario a try this afternoon. and i was thinking the 3 check valves were a bit much. ill pop the extra off and keep it for when one of the others goes bad :P Seems like globe valves will allow more precise...
  4. DCouncil

The new setup, 3/4PEX for the whole recirc loop, coming out of 1/2" copper. it is definitely quieter, so my hope is that it is flowing more. When we shower, the flow rate is 1.0GPM, and after we turn off the shower, the heater ramps up to 3.9GPM (i think it is heating recirc loop again). Im...
  5. DCouncil

Just a followup to your assessment, Bannerman, how would the limited flow through recirc line be affecting the temp of the hot water at the fixture? Thanks for the infos!
  6. DCouncil

While i don't think i am anywhere near the max distance for these recirc runs, i do believe there's probably something to the ID being an issue. Hmmm maybe i will try bumping the recirc line to 3/4" PEX and see what happens...
  7. DCouncil

Hello, I recently updated my aging NR240A with a NPE240A2, and immediately it was a better experience. Water heats faster at fixtures, the fan noise is significantly less, principally in the 'post-purge' phase. After about a week of having it installed, i decided to create a dedicated hot water...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks