Recent content by dcf1999

1. dcf1999

Question about sewage line pitch

Alright…. Yea I didn’t like it either. Plus practice makes you better. Project cost a little more but looks better. Updated pics below. Something that did help me line up the 22.5 rolling offsets… I took two 2x6 pieces of wood and put 2 screws at angles in each. That allows me to put a 22.5 on...
  2. dcf1999

What about that bend in pipe though? Is that ok? If it was something that could be seen, I’d re-do it. But since it’s buried, if it’s not an issue, I would prefer to leave as is. But want to make sure it won’t be an issue.
  3. dcf1999

I’m planning on using washed 3/4” round rock. It takes up a little more space than pea gravel so I use less and it won’t compact.
  4. dcf1999

Update. I got it done yesterday. I was able to rotate the inlet pipe up and now have a downward pitch from house to septic. I just need to put some gravel under the pipe. I piped from septic to a certain point, then piped from house to the point I stopped at from septic and connected the two...
  5. dcf1999

Sorry, I don’t know why it replayed twice or how to delete one of the double reply’s.
  6. dcf1999

Thank you. I actually remeasured the elevation of the pvc stub out of house and where I’m going to cut it (closer to foundation) is about 4’8”. The pvc sub out of house angles down at a decent angle once it leaves foundation wall. When I measured the elevation in drawing, I didn’t have pipe dug...
  7. dcf1999

Thank you. I actually remeasured the elevation of the pvc stub out of house and where I’m going to cut it (closer to foundation) is about 4’8”. The pvc stub out of house angles down at a decent angle once it leaves foundation wall. When I measured the elevation in drawing, I didn’t have pipe dug...
  8. dcf1999

the pipe appears to be sealed in the septic with, what appears to be, spray foam. I don’t know if it’s sealed better on the inside and they used spray foam as a barrier or if the whole seal is spray foam. Seems like an iffy seal if that’s the case or is that an approved way to seal the inlet...
  9. dcf1999

Hello all! So I have a house with a septic. The sewage line going out to tank comes out of house as PVC, then transitions to clay (2’ sections for about 12’), then back to PVC. We had water that smelled like sewage in our basement. After I put a camera down pipe, I noticed the clay section is...
  10. dcf1999

Septic Tank inlet question

Hello All! In my septic, I have 2 lines that come in. One has a baffle and the other doesn't. The one that doesn't always backs up because, I believe, it doesn't have a baffle. Because the pipes are so close in the septic, I can't add a baffle to the line that's missing a baffle. Anyways, the...
  11. dcf1999

Propane appliances make weird noise / flame when started.

LP guy came over and saw first hand what’s going on. Said it wasn’t normal what it was doing. Tested 2nd stage reg and had a static pressure of 10” WC. With everything running it dropped a little (about 9.5”). Tested system for leak and found none. He’s stumped as what’s it could be. He’s going...
  12. dcf1999

They LP guy (over the phone) thinks it’s the second stage reg at house since it’s only happening to appliances that are serviced by that one regulator (I have the different outbuildings serviced by 3 separate 2nd stage regulators... only the appliances on that specific regulator are the ones...
  13. dcf1999

First, I'm going to be calling the LP company about this issue tomorrow... It's just something that's bothering me and I'm kind of curious to what you guys think it could be. My home's gas supply is LP and I'm observing the following problems with at least two of my appliances (fireplace and...
  14. dcf1999

(Hopefully) simple storm window question

My Andersen windows suck and they leak a lot of air. I was looking at installing low e storm windows. I also want to install them to prevent snow from blowing through the screen and getting a "snow drift" between window glass and screen. Anyways I'm trying to read on how to measure and install...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks