Recent content by Dbolljr9

1. Dbolljr9

Closet Flange Orientation

Thank you for the reply. I've replaced the toilets on the cast iron flanges in my house, and those flanges only had the longer slots.
  2. Dbolljr9

Closet Flange Orientation

I recently had a plumber replace the cast iron piping in my bathroom with PVC (cast iron was corroded and leaking in the basement). They installed a new PVC toilet flange, which I have attached in the picture. I'm concerned that it is not rotated correctly, as I would have expected to put the...
  3. Dbolljr9

How to change elevation in long kitchen sink drain line

Thank you for commenting. To clarify - you think I should use a wye instead of a sanitary tee at the sewer stack, and that the 2" pipe should approach the wye at a ~45° incline (like the dashed line in the sketch)?
  4. Dbolljr9

It appears my second question didn't post. 2. I will be cutting the cast iron stack to insert a new sanitary tee with "shielded" no-hub couplings. Should this new 4x2 tee be cast iron or PVC? I will be adding support to the cast iron piping above, but I am still a little concerned about the...
  5. Dbolljr9

Background: The kitchen sink in my house is located far away from the rest of the plumbing fixtures. It has its own 2" stack and a long horizontal cast iron drain line that runs under my basement floor to join up with main line out of the house. Recently, this 2" line has clogged under the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks