Recent content by dbestor

1. dbestor

Rheem XR90 Series water heater

Just to cap off this thread, Rheem finally agreed to replace the 29 gallon tank with a 50 gallon tank at their cost (after more push back from me than it should have taken, but I understand they're trying to minimize costs). I ended up going with Rheem's 50 gallon powered damper model that...
  2. dbestor

So, as an update, had Rheem send out one of their tech's for warranty service. They said the flame looked fine and refused to do any gas pressure tests. Also, they did a drop test and said the temperature drop was right on "for a 29 gallon tank." With that I got pretty upset given all of...
  3. dbestor

Yeah, modern showerhead, 2.2-2.5 GPM. Old 50 gallon water heater this one replaced was in the process of dying, but still lasted for at least a 30 minute shower before losing most/all hot water. I called Rheem and they're sending out one of their guys next week who has experience with...
  4. dbestor

xr90 issues What exactly was the problem with the burner with the early models, do you know? I just had one of these installed by a licensed plumber (the 6G30-60 unit was bought from a local hardware store due to the high efficiency claims and $200 rebate from the gas company) that admitted...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks