Recent content by dbbarron

1. dbbarron

Toto Aquia wall hung v. Ultramax

I'm thinking the tank fill is likely quick and very quiet in any circumstance. It is the air gap (right term) at the end of the flush that is the big noise and I don't think this resonates the porcelain, let alone the metal frame and wall - Thus, I don't think it will make much difference. I...
  2. dbbarron

Thanks Terry: I may be over thinking this, however, in the case of a standard floor mount toilet, I have a solid 2x6 wall with a layer of sheetrock on either side (and kitchen cabinets on the kitchen side) to attenuate noise. However, for a wall mount with in-wall tank, there is only 1 layer...
  3. dbbarron

Remodelling a bathroom near a kitchen (public space) and would like the quietest unit possible. Also going for a modern design, so a wall hung, tank in-wall unit would be an advantage - also easy to clean floor. Also using wall hung vanity for similar reasons. The walls are 2x6 construction...
  4. dbbarron

Need 14" rough to match AM Std White

Seems from this forum that the only true 14" toilet is the unifit Toto and that seems to get very expensive (only expensive skirted toilets have the option). This is a kids/guest bath, and the toilet is behind the door (not visible when you walk in). Thus, likely will pick up a 12" of decent...
  5. dbbarron

I should mention that prior toilet was an older AS with 12" rough and the extra gap to the wall did not bother us - we will also be installing a cabinet above the toilet which will hide the gap even more. Thus, 12" would be ok if we had to....
  6. dbbarron

I am looking for a 14" rough toilet to match (does not need to be exact) an older (20yr) American Std white tub. This is a kids and guest bath, so performance needs to be good, looks are not as important. Cost should be kept reasonable, but not at the expense of performance. Kindly...
  7. dbbarron

Toilet over joist help

Good idea. This is between floors - the view you are seeing is taken from a recessed light opening from the floor below. As I will be in a position to remove the subfloor due to tile removal in the bath, I can access all this from the top, at least 9' of it. I may even be able to access the...
  8. dbbarron

Toilet over joist help

The toilet pipe is the left most pipe against the joist. I want to move the toilet in the room, essentially 7' deeper into this picture and 3" to the left which puts it right over the joist. The toilet will be in a 35" wide alcove and with the pipe in current position, will be 14.5" from...
  9. dbbarron

Help me identify this American Std Shower Trim

Per American Standard, no parts available, try third parties. Will try your recommendation- American Std also recommended Plumbing Parts Depot. Here is the real question..... We are considering either a partial or full bathroom renovation. If we do the partial renovation and leave the tub...
  10. dbbarron

That's definitely it! Are you aware of whether replacement trim is currently available (either the same or different style) Also, I have two of these in my home, and on one, the stops have failed. Is this replace/repairable? db
  11. dbbarron

Trying to replace/update this 1986 shower trim - It is marked American Standard. Have not taken it apart to ID the underlying valve. Any thoughts? Can the trim be updated? Regards db
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks