Recent content by DavidSeon

1. DavidSeon

Incinolet Toilet - No Plumbers needed

"Some models cannot be used while the incineration cycle is in progress." I'm trying to visualize this.
  2. DavidSeon

Outdoor Faucet Leaks

First, create a reply to the thread. Before completing and submitting the reply : If you have already uploaded the image as an Attachment, first click on the "Go Advanced" button at the bottom of the edit window, then click on the "Attachments" icon at the top of the Advanced edit window and...
  3. DavidSeon

Roofing nail for bathtub install, rust?

I used cement board screws as mentioned above; they are coated against corrosion and they nicely self-countersink (in acrylic flanges anyway). I gave up trying to hammer a nail straight years ago, so the screws are safer for the tub finish as well.
  4. DavidSeon

American Standard shower stem won't come out...

That's the new wave washer hj mentioned. It's meant to replace the old wave washer you haven't removed from the valve yet :eek:
  5. DavidSeon

Tub surround question

We looked at these two to match an Archer in biscuit as close as we could http://www.theswancorp.com/index.php?prod=184 http://www.theswancorp.com/index.php?prod=189 We settled on the TI-5 because of the cost difference although I would have preferred a 3-piece. The panels are very...
  6. DavidSeon

PVC to Sillcock - Best Way?

Wait for the plumbers' advice to be sure, but I seem to remember that PVC Sch 80 nipples are used for both Sch 40 and Sch 80 fittings (same o.d. and threads maybe?).
  7. DavidSeon

Kitchen Sink in a Bathroom Vanity?

What's wrong with the kitchen sink? Or a baby bathtub on a table? They outgrow sinks awfully fast!
  8. DavidSeon

Trying to get into the field

Maybe you were the last one.
  9. DavidSeon

Power Out From Electric Space Heater

If a corded appliance can draw more than 15 amps, shouldn't a 20 amp plug be required? (by UL or something?) Just curious. Dave
  10. DavidSeon

Opinions On Lightweight Drywall Panels ?

Well, I guess it's a moot point; lightweight panels are the only "standard" gypsum panels available anywhere near here (other than greenboard and 5/8 fire rated). They can't even order the older, heavier panels now. So I guess I'll find out for myself what they're like. Thanks for the replies.
  11. DavidSeon

terrylove.com forums and Firefox

I started seeing the format in your original post occasionally, yesterday I think. But everything else seems normal. Updated to FF 18.0.1 few days ago, maybe that was it.
  12. DavidSeon

Opinions On Lightweight Drywall Panels ?

The box stores around here are really pushing the newer lightweight drywall panels. I don't even see any of the traditional sag-resistant panels I had planned to use for textured ceilings; supposedly not necessary with the lightweight panels. I like the idea of lighter panels but I see a lot...
  13. DavidSeon

Price Pfister Old Shower Tub Set

The plumbers here can often identify the manufacturer of old fixtures, but they usually need to see the "insides". A photo of the hot or cold side with the handle and decorative flange removed might be enough to give them a clue. Removal and photo of the stem assembly itself would be even...
  14. DavidSeon

Shouldn't Light Fixtures Have Bare Grounding Wire Connected?

Yes, what I was missing was a possible 15A across only 0.3 ohms at 4.5 volts is still 15A :eek:
  15. DavidSeon

Sink drain pipe height

Select the "Insert Image" at the top of the edit window and upload from your PC.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks