Recent content by DavidMc

1. DavidMc

Tiny gas leak.

Any noticeable movement of that 1/4 foot hand should be investigated. Likely it is a small leak and would take some time to find with leak detection solution but I would shut the gas off until you or a certified gas fitter can investigate. Are there any un-capped appliance valves at...
  2. DavidMc

Gas line-connecting different metals - Need guidance

Painting will be fine - just don't overcompensate and use any type tape on the top section of the riser above the weld as it will hold moisture and rust out over time.
  3. DavidMc

Need New Gas Lines From Meter Run. Thoughts on What Plumber Told Me Option Wise

If you have access for installation - Black Iron pipe for sure. If you have a problem with accessibility, CSST may be the less labor intensive route for the plumber. I would also get more than one estimate.
  4. DavidMc

Hot Water Woes

Thanks guys - after talking it over and considering what had changed, I kinda came to the same conclusion - bleed over throught the rough in valve. I'll insert the cartridges this afternoon. Thanks again.
  5. DavidMc

Hot Water Woes

I thought the same about it may take a little longer, but it doesn't get any better no matter how long you run it. I don't think now that it is strainer or obstruction issues, the flow seems good and it has affected both showers and sinks downstream. Thanks
  6. DavidMc

Hot Water Woes

We are adding a new bath onto our house and today finished the water supply feeds into the new addition. These tie in to the existing supply lines just before the existing bathroom ( which will be removed later ). Tonight I found that the hot water in the old bathroom is not near as hot as it...
  7. DavidMc

Gas Supply to Grill

Actually 5psi is the max recommended inlet pressure for that meter and it is metering at (or near) 2psi - It has a 2lb pressure compensating index on it. Good advice to call a pro - if your not qualified to do the gas fitting, please call a certified gas fitter.
  8. DavidMc

Gas Supply to Grill

You've got 2psi coming through the meter up to the Maxitrol regulator. Like some others have said, at 85' the 1/2" pipe is not going to carry that load. If you could tie in before the regulator like someone suggested and install a seperate Maxitrol at the grill and it would work. As far as...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks