Recent content by david_talton

1. D

Tough Antique sink question...

I'm still working on this So I don't want it to fall off the list.
  2. D

more on this... Thanks for your additional ideas on this. I have been away for the holidays so haven't done much additional work or thinking on this. Bob NH - The idea of making a steel bar to try to turn it sounds like a good possibility. I would need to find someone to do it. Then...
  3. D

basin wrench... THe basin wrench my plumber tried would not fit through the 1.5 in opening where the spud connects. I looked similar to the one in the picture. Dave
  4. D

thoughts on your suggestion... Mark, That is a good suggestion. The only problem is that the opening at the bottom of the sink where the spud connects is only slightly larger than 1.5 in. and the inside diameter of the sink strainer is 1.5 in, so the nut on the bottom with the 4 prongs is...
  5. D

A couple more pictures... These are looking up through the hole where the spud connects. There is a couple inch open gap above the spud connection below the strainer. So any tool would need to get up through the spud connection hole to reach the strainer. This hole is only about 1.5 in in...
  6. D

Here are the pictures I think what is unique abouot this sink is that there is a space between the bottom of the strainer and the spud connection. This is about 3 inches of open space that is in the middle of the overflow drain. I think there are two options - one is to find a tool that will...
  7. D

I have an antique ceramic sink vintage 1901. My intention is to have it reglazed, however I have been unable to remove the strainer - and so has my plumber. The problem is that the strainer is not exposed from the bottom of the sink - there is a 3 inch gap between where the spud connected to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks