Recent content by David1

1. David1

Modcon with IHW Tweaking

Mage182, Please keep us posted on your freq pumps, it will be interesting to see how you make out. Thanks,
  2. David1

Modcon with IHW Tweaking

Lo Outdoor Temp 0 degrees Hi Outdoor Temp 70 degrees Lo Boiler Temp 110 degrees Min Boiler Temp 150 degrees Boost Time 1200 secs Max Outdoor Temp 180 degrees
  3. David1

Modcon with IHW Tweaking

TK, The fan speed was reset to 2800 about two weeks ago. I have seen a marked improvement on the cycling. I have not adjusted the mod rate yet, still thinking about that. The min fan speed is set to 1300 (factory), when the gas valve modulates down it drops to 46% (min mod). I was wondering...
  4. David1

Modcon with IHW Tweaking

Adding thermal mass Dana, When the P/S piping was installed we took into consideration adding an indirect heater in the future. The take-offs are there w/ ball valves ( I pulled the handles off). If I am adding 15 gallon electric tank (unpowered), should it be installed just after the two...
  5. David1

Modcon with IHW Tweaking

Fin Tube Length Dana, I may have mis spoke ....... the 300' is the total run of copper on both zones. The emitters for each zone, (zone 1 = 60', zone 2 = 65') total 125 '. Is that what you understand ?
  6. David1

Modcon with IHW Tweaking

TK, I plotted my way thur a heat loss calc (3 hours for somebody that does not know what they are doing) and came up w/ 70,000 loss. The boiler that was installed is the Alpine 150. From what I read, it has a min mod ouput of 28-30 K with a max of 120 K. I have two loops split evenly.
  7. David1

Modcon with IHW Tweaking

Dana, I would be interested in looking at a piping diagram for the electric water tank. If a buffer tank sits across the loops, (2) supply outputs and (2) return inputs, how does a standard hot water tank work ? I'm thinking the electric hot water tank has (3) available ports (supply, output...
  8. David1

Modcon with IHW Tweaking

TK, I was not aware that standard buffer tanks need/use an aquastat. I thought that buffer tanks are piped using the four ports and the cavity served as a storage facility. I'm guessing the boiler circ pulls from the tank to maintain flow for the boiler while the zone circs pull from the tank...
  9. David1

Modcon with IHW Tweaking

Adding a buffer tank I have lowered the fan speed and have seen a marked improvement. My next thoughts are w/ a buffer tank. The loop is piped w/ P/S and the tees are spaced per the installation manual. From what I have seen, it looks like a buffer tank would be installed "inside" that...
  10. David1

Modcon with IHW Tweaking

TK, the plan is to install a SuperStor Indirect. The take offs w/ ball valves were installed on the headers.I think he said that the indirect load would be larger than the fin tube. We have a 3 bedroom house 4 people, two teenage age girls ! We do not have the tank yet. At this point I have...
  11. David1

Modcon with IHW Tweaking

Alpine questions Dana, Your posts are informative and helpful thanks. I find myself in the same position. My Alpine 150 might be too big but I'm not sure. I am 20 minutes north on 190 so you know the climate. If it is oversized I am thinking it is not by much, maybe I should have 105 ??? The...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks