Recent content by Daveyboy

1. D

Losing pressure at the tap

Speedbump, you're my new hero! Stinky, iron-filled, slimy filter cartridge in that blue plastic case. We've been on the well for 10 years but the filtration is only 12 months old...Significantly longer than the recommended filter lifespan, I reckon. Doh!
  2. D

Yeah! Pretty recently installed UV with a big white cylinder that I'll check right now! I hope that's it, didn't think about it. You think it could make that much difference?
  3. D

Hey there. I have a 140 foot well with fracture at about 120, 6gpm when drilled (20 years ago). Lately I've been losing pressure at the tap - especially when I run more than one tap at a time. Prior to this I have been able to run multiple taps (hose, kitchen, washing machine etc) at once but...
  4. D

Bursts of air in line

I know this isn't the forum for bleeding my left-wing heart but wasn't Al Gore elected by more than 50% of voting Americans a few years ago? It'd be nice if it were that simple then we could all feel good about leaving these problems to our kids. The facts include many details and among them...
  5. D

Bursts of air in line

You guys complaining about the weather, sissies! ...It's been so bad up here this year (how's that for an intro to a weather rant?). Seriously, over the past 4 weeks I have had no electricity for 8 days. It hasn't been cold in BC (at least not in my corner of it - I've only had about 4 days...
  6. D

Bursts of air in line

Tell you what bob, box 'em up for me and ship 'em my way. I'll share the moola with you. I won't share with rancher though. He says I live in an area with bad weather and I'm pretty touchy about that...so...you know...he's of my Christmas list this year. D'boy
  7. D

Bursts of air in line

Thanks for that. Haven't had water for the past 4 days due to the huge storm that hit PNW last week. Winds gusting up to 100MPH with sustained hurricane force for over an hour. Knocked out electricity to 250,000 homes in BC and many more in WA and OR. Anybody know about hooking up my...
  8. D

Bursts of air in line

Yeah Gary, come on up! It's lovely up here and you're welcome to come! Everything's nice except for my darn water system! So I have a big blue bladder tank and a cv at the tank. I'll remove the cv, right? And theoretically after that I'll be able to tell if the CV at the pump is not...
  9. D

Bursts of air in line

The beer's chillin' and the address is Vancouver Island, BC. Only a few hours north of Northern Washington via ferry...Near Victoria, BC! Are you serious about getting rid of the check valve at the tank? Won't thet let water seep down to the pump and make it take 30 seconds to get back...
  10. D

Bursts of air in line

I don't mean to hijack this thread (sorry Steval) but I can audibly hear the check valve at the tank fluttering on and off. I'm pretty sure there's a faulty cv smewhere and I assume it's at the pump - would that cause the air spluttering, too? Even if it's underwater? If not then maybe...
  11. D

Bursts of air in line

I'm having a similar problem with my system...I haven't replaced the pressure tank but I changed the switch and some other electronic stuff and since then I have periodic bursts of air - it's as though the tank needs to be bled. I'll be watching this one!
  12. D

new pumptec, no pressure

Thanks for everything. It seems that my pumptec and my pressure switch were messing with each other - why they didn't do it over the last 6 years I don't know. With a bit of reading from this forum it seemed that they do pretty much the same thing (pretty much as in they do a similar thing!)...
  13. D

new pumptec, no pressure

Thanks for sending your thoughts. I'll look into it. The pressure switch hasn't been changed, though, just the pumptec. To check the pressure of the tank I'll have to drain it, won't I? Here's another wrinkle: I had a short shower an hour ago and for the first few seconds the water...
  14. D

new pumptec, no pressure

Thanks Bob. I'm off to the dentist now...Bad news comes in flurries! I'll humour myself when I return, remove the CV and stick my ear to the cold iron casing. It sounds like a good time but I'd rather go to the dentist! Let me know if you think of anything else...And if anyone knows of a...
  15. D

new pumptec, no pressure

Come on man, have faith; I need optimism right now! What would the check valve look like? (stupid question, I know:o ) Would it be at the pressure tank or...HIdden in a stupid place?!?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks