Recent content by davenorth

1. davenorth

How good are Toto toilets? Are they really all that?

Sliding back to the topic at hand, I recently downloaded the latest MaP report and was puzzled to find that none of the Totos rated at the top in this regard. I'd be interested in hearing comments -- is performance just not as important as a low defect rate? Is a particularly high MaP rating...
  2. davenorth

American Standard Cadet 3 Three Toilet consumer product review

Inspection At Time Of Purchase Per the suggestion of several people here, when we bought our toilet we inspected it. However, the store did not seem to have any available floor personnel or any obvious way to do this prior to purchase. So we simply bought it and took it outside, then opened...
  3. davenorth

American Standard Cadet 3 Three Toilet consumer product review

The gasket I got for bowl->base is quite thick, and I'm sure it should not be torqued down until contact is made. Clearly if you use moderate force on the bolts there will be a gap. Given that, the tank rocks. I cannot imagine what harm this causes, if any, unless it eventually causes the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks