Recent content by Dave Osborne

1. Dave Osborne

Kitchen Sink/Dishwasher Supply Route on Concrete Block Wall

Thanks so much, I do have some left-over copper stub outs. Didn't realize that strapping them to wall was an option, that seems like the way to go. I want to keep at least 3/4" insulation between the pipe and block wall, but the bend radius seems tight enough that it should be fully straight...
  2. Dave Osborne

Kitchen Sink/Dishwasher Supply Route on Concrete Block Wall

I have a kitchen sink and dishwasher under a fairly large window against an exterior concrete block wall. For venting there will be an air admittance valve beneath the sink in the cabinet, which is apparently allowed in my area for this type of scenario because the block wall does not lend...
  3. Dave Osborne

Direct Supply PEX Diameter to Shower and Tub

I also just got the specifics on how much of a bottleneck the valve itself will be. Kohler says 5-6 GPM through the valve, which diminishes some of the value of 3/4" PEX, but to maintain 6 GPM using 1/2" PEX (assuming the mixer is basically set to full hot) would require 10.86 fps velocity...
  4. Dave Osborne

Absolutely, I was only using the bathtub/shower in my second bathroom as the basis for comparison. Master bathroom has just a shower but the second bathroom has a shower in the bathtub. When first turned on, the water spews out of the bathtub faucet at an unrestricted rate (limited only by the...
  5. Dave Osborne

Thank you for the replies, they are very much appreciated. Wayne, you hit on all the points I was wondering about. In my search for documentation of what the city's static pressure might be, I discovered news articles about pressure being an issue for people in the area/county, due to a...
  6. Dave Osborne

I have read numerous posts on these forums about the subject but questions remain for my situation. I am connected to the city water utility with a 3/4" meter, there is a 3/4" PVC pipe entering the house from the meter and a 1" copper manifold that provides home-run service to each fixture via...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks