Recent content by Dave Meers

1. Dave Meers

Check valve between pump and tank

Thanks for all of the input from the Pros on this forum and to Terry for making this site available. It sounds like one check valve is all that's needed.
  2. Dave Meers

Apparently, Goulds requires additional check valves every 200 feet above the pump per the technical data publication that Patrick provided a link to - so you could end up with more than two valves with a deep well. It also says that water hammer is caused by the water column reversing directions...
  3. Dave Meers

Layman's Summary Thanks for the input. It sounds like there is less than total agreement on installing a second check valve before the pressure tank. The pump manufactures seem to require it while a few of the Pros think that it will cover up a problem with a defective check valve at the pump...
  4. Dave Meers

I'm sure this topic has been covered before but I did't find the thread when searching. Should a check valve be installed between the submersible well pump and the pressure (bladder) tank? I know that all (oe most) submersible pumps have built in check valves but there seems to be some...
  5. Dave Meers

Dishwasher Air Gap

You might also consider using preformed (as in curved) automotive heater hose which should be available in the diameter you need. At least you won't have to worry about kinks.
  6. Dave Meers

Cutting a brass nipple

Can't you just solder a 1/2" male threaded adapter to both ends of a short piece of 1/2" copper to get any length you need? I've done this several times since I don't have a thread machine and sometime need a non-standard length nipple. :)
  7. Dave Meers

Bushing to glue inside SCH40 PVC??

Now, I have a better idea of what you're up against. Any chance you can remove the short section of pipe from inside the hub after you cut it off. There are some special drill attachments to do this or you can use a saw blade to make a few cuts lengthwise inside the pipe and then carefully peel...
  8. Dave Meers

Bushing to glue inside SCH40 PVC??

Can't you install a coupling and then use a standard size reducing bushing inside the open end of the coupling? I've never seen a PVC busing sized to fit inside a pipe. Just a thought.
  9. Dave Meers

Sizing of Shower Nipples

You could take a short piece of half inch copper and sweat a threaded adapter on each end to make the nipple the exact length you need. I've done that on tub spouts before and it should work for a shower nipple as well.
  10. Dave Meers

Cutting PVC pipe - need to get it straight

When making a cut with the PVC pipe in place, I put a metal hose clamp around the pipe (like a car radiator hose clamp) and use it as my straight edge. It helps make for a nice cut. :)
  11. Dave Meers

Dual Dishwasher Installation

Dual Dishwashers Thanks for the info Clayton. I didn't know that a dual inlet airgap was even made. I guess I'll have to start looking for one. HJ, I was originally considering your suggestion but thought you would want the discharge from the dishwasher to go though the disposal in case there...
  12. Dave Meers

Dual Dishwasher Installation

Maybe this topic has been covered on the forum previously but I haven't been able to find it. I am building a new house and want to install two dishwashers - one on each side of the kitchen sink. It may sound like we're lazy but my wife and I thought it would be an interesting idea to store...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks