Recent content by danxp

1. danxp

Cold getting into Hot?

all my faucets are delta... would it be a good idea to put a check valve before a suspected mixing valve or faucet?
  2. danxp

Cold getting into Hot?

thanks hj (and reach4)... that is what i suspected and i think the culprit may be my 1st floor shower (single lever)... with the water heater output valve shut off and that shower faucet turned to hot all the way it was still coming out at a pretty good clip... typically when something like...
  3. danxp

Cold getting into Hot?

hi... tried searching but couldn't find anything conclusive... i'm trying to figure out if my plumbing system has a problem... while doing maintenance on my tankless water heater i did the following... - turned off the supply into the water heater - turned off the hot water going out of...
  4. danxp

Takagi water heater leaking

called takagi tech support and they instructed me to take a picture of the heat exchanger and send it to them to diagnose... they sent additional instructions to do this and that was extremely helpful and they told me it was most likely the heat exchanger after i sent them the pics of the...
  5. danxp

Takagi water heater leaking

hi... tried searching and didn't find much... i have a takagi tankless water heater that was professionally installed a little less than a year ago and it is leaking... it started a slow leak about a few months ago but i thought it was the pressure relief valve... the leak slowly started...
  6. danxp

replacing the old tub/shower and putting in a shower only...

i spoke with my town's building inspector and he said the 1.5" is fine... i also talked to a plumber to see if he could do the rough-in work and he said he won't since i already opened a permit under my own name as the homeowner... so it looks like i'll have to give this my best shot before...
  7. danxp

replacing the old tub/shower and putting in a shower only...

newbie here (both to the site and to plumbing)... anyway, i'm gutting my 50-yr old bathroom and replacing the old tub/shower for a shower only... i'm told that i need to have 2" pipe for a shower while my old tub piping was only 1.5"... any idea how i can the 2" piping where this old 1.5"...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks