Recent content by Danimale

1. Danimale

Hi, more electric baseboard heater questions.

I bought the electric version and still very happy with the results. First electric bill came and was less then the previous. Although I did have a 1500W space heater going. Time will tell soon how economical it is. Temps are dropping here in central Indiana.
  2. Danimale

Just an update for those interested, and those who found this on a search engine. I bought and installed a Ferenheat 1250W baseboard heater. I put it on a dedicated 240V breaker. I placed it under the window and managed to wire in a thermostat on the inside wall. I know it's late fall but so...
  3. Danimale

Indeed I see you point. ;) She only spoke of safety concerns. Little one is walking now but still in crib. Her main reasons were not to have anything readily there hot to touch or drape things over. He already walks up to the heater and plays with the thermostat dial. Her second was that...
  4. Danimale

Great stuff! The house is far from energy efficient. I did my best to "wrap" the nursery with insulation. I have a few issues impeding my progress: the roof/ceiling slants though this room and the house is balloon framed. This room has the longest run and is buried behind lath and plaster...
  5. Danimale

Great replies! Would the return air in that room disrupt the convection of the radiant heat? And would I need to install the baseboard unit under the window? Thank you, Dan
  6. Danimale

Thank you for the quick response! The problem I have is that the house thermostat is going to be satisfied buy the first floor temperature. If I boosted the air flow i do believe it would heat the room, but the furnace will kick off when the thermostat is satisfied and the heat will...
  7. Danimale

Greetings everyone, Let me start with my situation. I have a nursery (son's bedroom next year) upstairs. Size of the room is 172 sq/ft with 9ft ceiling and runs about 5-8 degrees cooler then downstairs. The house is on a forced air LP furnace but the duct work is primitive, we had to install...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks