Recent content by DanFL

1. DanFL

Tub drain installation with limited access to plumbing

Thanks Jeff. Yeah, I didn't think that pic was a good idea and would prefer the solvent weld. Thanks for the tip about doing the overflow after tub in place
  2. DanFL

Tub drain installation with limited access to plumbing

I'm installing 2 new tubs in back to back bathrooms as shown in the figure below. I installed Tub 1 and used all sch 40 PVC glued tub drain fittings because I had easy access to the existing drain without Tub 2 installed yet, and I was able to cut and adjust the drain location for the new tub...
  3. DanFL

Bath Overflow drain Gasket issue

I have this same problem right now. Ideally I need a flat overflow washer. Wouldn't turning the beveled washer sideways put the overflow at an angle an then create problems when you go to install the bracket and overflow cap (screws would not go into the overflow threaded holes perpendicular...
  4. DanFL

Min distance from toilet flange to closet bend

Ok, I thought there might be some correction in the fittings but wasn't sure.
  5. DanFL

Leaving unused wye in main drain line

Wouldn't that violate the rule about the horizontal portion of the vent being below the highest flood rim?
  6. DanFL

Here's a diagram to explain what's going on in my head. I've over-exaggerated the slope/rotation to make it more obvious. My assumption is that when the entire system is assembled, the whole thing "rotates" as shown. This is why I think that upper part is sloping in the wrong direction.
  7. DanFL

I probably should have asked before, but what would be the best and proper way to connect the toilet in the new location shown above? Is my original plan shown above OK, or better to use a wye just down stream of that 90 elbow where the 2" drops in? Roll the wye slightly to get the correct...
  8. DanFL

Thanks Wayne, good to know. Unrelated question, but I've been curious about these situations... in that pic above, the closet bend arm is perpendicular to the main drain line below. The main drain slopes down to the right (not visually in the pic but in reality it slopes down to the right)...
  9. DanFL

Does IPC specify any minimum distance from the toilet flange to the closet bend?
  10. DanFL

Thanks Wayne. I've done that before, but found that my slope was off afterwards, I guess because I didn't have the dry fitted piece fully inserted so it was in at a slight angle. When I added the glue, it lubed it enough to bottom out and then the slope was off slightly. I'll give that...
  11. DanFL

When installing PVC glued fittings, how critical is it to rotate the fitting a 1/4 turn while pushing it on, as the glue instructions indicate? Sometimes this isn't possible. In my mind, it would be easier to cut that full length new piece, glue on the new long sweep at A, support it at the...
  12. DanFL

Thanks for the responses. I'm leaning towards just cutting the whole piece out and installing a new section (about 6'), including the 90 long sweep that wasn't shown in the original picture (included below). When I set a level on that section from the sweep to the vent, it's pretty close to...
  13. DanFL

Just to be clear, I was planning to connect the toilet at the new location like this. That's why the wye is no longer needed.
  14. DanFL

I need to move the existing toilet rough-in to the new location shown in the picture. Is it allowed to leave the old wye in place and just cap it, or do I need to cut it out and use a coupling to the main line? If I can cap it, does it matter whether I cap on the horizontal wye inlet or...
  15. DanFL

Change in direction of washer trap arm

Thanks for all the quick replies, you guys are always really helpful. I can confirm that the vent above the sink san-tee is a dry vent. Just for my own education, what is the "physics" reason for the 6" min trap height above the floor (for UPC), since Reach4 suggested it is not a requirement...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks