Dana's Recent Activity

1. Dana replied to the thread "New" 111 year old house with boiler control issues...

You absolutely DON'T want size hydronic boilers by the size of the radiation- that would only be appropriate for a STEAM boiler. The...

May 5, 2021 at 3:03 PM
  2. Dana replied to the thread Heating and cooling a condo with interior rooms and lack of options! Help!.

Getting to the "right" heating & cooling solutions always calls for reasonably careful room by room load calculations. If you're...

May 5, 2021 at 1:28 PM
  3. Dana replied to the thread Weird noise from older Lennox furnace.

Natural gas is pretty cheap in Calgary- not sure if it's quite $15/month (maybe CDN$5/month). But getting swapping out a senescent low...

May 5, 2021 at 1:11 PM
  4. Dana liked fitter30's post in the thread Weird noise from older Lennox furnace.

Furnace doesn't have a burner control. To basic with a standing pilot. Might want to consider replacing it pilot light cost $15 a month...

May 5, 2021 at 12:05 PM
  5. Dana liked Splashoil's post in the thread Sidewall Vent below modcon boiler?.

Also see termination details: Exhaust must terminate vertical. Going below the boiler would fill the pipe with condensate in the trap...

May 4, 2021 at 11:42 AM
  6. Dana replied to the thread "New" 111 year old house with boiler control issues...

I don't have any better insight as to what's confusing the controls than fitter20, but the boiler is pretty ridiculously oversized for...

May 4, 2021 at 8:46 AM
  7. Dana liked jadnashua's post in the thread "Point of Use" or "Whole House Tankless"?.

It is highly unlikely that you have a big enough electrical service to run three tankless systems. And, because they all could be on at...

May 4, 2021 at 8:15 AM
  8. Dana replied to the thread Should I replace my 53-year old Burnham gas boiler?.

The priority is still air sealing and insulating the house. Yes, the stack is 24/365 parasitic load, but as a fraction of the current...

May 3, 2021 at 3:34 PM
  9. Dana replied to the thread Should I replace my 53-year old Burnham gas boiler?.

While it's possible to properly DIY a mod-con installation it's well beyond the design & implementation skills of most. A proper DIY...

May 3, 2021 at 8:25 AM