Recent content by Dan Piano

1. Dan Piano

Cheap Chinese Thread question

It’s g thread. GHT is different. I ordered a g thread nipple from euro land. Just got to wait. No one around here caries any g thread.
  2. Dan Piano

Cheap Chinese Thread question

So I’m installing some claw foot tub exposed shower hardware. I thought 169.00$. What a deal! You get what you pay for! This is garbage, but I’ve already plumbed everything and I’m ready to be done. It calls for G thread to hook the faucet hardware up to the supplies. The adapter that goes from...
  3. Dan Piano

What is the maximum height a toilet flange can be from the floor and still seal?

You think an 1/8 is good? Does the wax ring spooge out past the flange and help seal. I just like the idea of a thicker seal!
  4. Dan Piano

What is the maximum height a toilet flange can be from the floor and still seal?

Right so at this point my wax ring will probably be an 1/8 to 3/16 thick. I think I’m going to try and lower that spacer by an 1/8
  5. Dan Piano

Jeff at this point my flange is sitting on a 5/8 plywood riser. The subfloor to top of flange is about 1” to 1”&1/8 My toilet has 11/16 clearance.
  6. Dan Piano

I’m just trying to figure out what to do. My flange has a 5/8 piece of plywood glued and screwed to raise it up . I’m using Ditra with 1/4 inch tile. I think I’m going to be about an 1/8 low. You think it will be a problem
  7. Dan Piano

Pass or fail?

Gracias amigo!
  8. Dan Piano

Pass or fail?

Can I use this 90 up top for my sink drain. I’d prefer the long sweep 90 but then in have to go to the store. My other option is gluing to 45’s. Just thought the joint might catch stuff.
  9. Dan Piano

A little help please! Rough in/ venting and drain??

Thanks Wayne, The toilet is right above that wall. Off of it by about a foot or so. So I was going to run it straight along the wall like you suggested. I guess my questions are these. Is it better to drop straight down or do it with a 45 like in the last photo I posted. I’m just wondering...
  10. Dan Piano

Just one toilet, one shower, and one sink. And yes they are on the floor above.
  11. Dan Piano

thanks for the reply Wayne. Unfortunately the joists are perpendicular to the drain, I don’t want to drill 3 1/2” holes in them. They are only 2x8. So if I’m understanding correctly I should slope it down at a 45 instead of 90 into the horizontal run around the shower. Makes good sense to me...
  12. Dan Piano

Here is a view behind the shower! I can go over them I just didn’t know if it would be better to have the main drop right after the toilet or later on. Not sure if it matters.
  13. Dan Piano

I hope this helps! I know it’s confusing!
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks