Recent content by Dan Park

1. Dan Park

DIY advice for Infinity drain install and venting

Thanks Wayne, I will definitely be playing around with all the angles! I've just spent a few hours digging through this hard clay soil and jackhammering out part of the footing for the shower's dry vent. Ugh!!! I should have some better pics tomorrow with the final install
  2. Dan Park

Here are some more pics of my mockup for the shower drain and vent for the shower
  3. Dan Park

So after running around several big box stores and plumbing supply houses, here's my mockup on the right. The left shows the WC and the mainline connection. It looks like I need to dig down several inches more for the shower drain to make the mainline connection. I also need to extend my dry...
  4. Dan Park

Sounds good! I'm going to mockup my abs fittings and pipes first before I start jackhammering to make sure I have enough space. I'll keep everyone posted.
  5. Dan Park

Yes, I think I understand your explanation. Sort of like what is shown in the pic below I gather: But in my case I'll roll the 2" wye off of my shower drain's trap arm. The trap arm will eventually continue and connect with my 3" mainline (as shown above in John's multicolored diagram) Once I...
  6. Dan Park

Thanks Jeff! Yep I understand it now from John's explanation and Terry's graphics. Makes sense finally! For the 908.2.4 and 908.2.5, are u referring to Wayne's multi colored drawing or one of my drawings or both, lol
  7. Dan Park

Oh wow, I understand what you did there! The purple dry vent line comes off of a 2" wye rotated or "rolled" at 45° angled upwards from the 2" trap arm off the shower's P trap. I will try this solution as well after I jack hammer out some concrete tomorrow, lol. Thanks Wayne!!
  8. Dan Park

Thanks Terry for those graphics! Now I can visualize what you and John are talking about! Much appreciated!
  9. Dan Park

Ahhh yes that makes perfect sense! I can probably save some inches using your suggestions, thanks again John!
  10. Dan Park

Thanks Wayne! Yes if you don't mind doing a sinple linear mockup of your idea would be great! That's my worry with this scenario is if I have enough depth for the linear drain/p trap. This is because since I'm doing a curbless shower, I was thinking my slab for the shower needs to be around 1.5...
  11. Dan Park

I think I understand now what you are saying. I will use the 2in Sani tee as pictured below: And not the long wye combo. Your explanation of clear path makes sense since when you look through the sani tee through the curved part, there's a clear access/air space to the vertical 2in opening...
  12. Dan Park

Thanks John! I was thinking of using a 2" Combo for the trap arm/vent intersection rather than a Sani tee for better flow. For some reason, in my mind I'm thinking sani-tees are not allowed under ground? I could be wrong of course.
  13. Dan Park

So something like this if I were to breakdown the components?
  14. Dan Park

Ahhh I see now!! Thanks for that mockup! Let me check and I'll let u know if I can pull that off. Thx John!
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks