Recent content by damadake

1. damadake

Show off - new bathroom

Awesome! I'm doing the same thing myself. Hope it turns out anything close to yours! :)
  2. damadake

Relocate roof support

Hi, I'm working in the master bath and want to remove an old shower wall. There is a roof support approximately 58" from the corner of the outside wall stubbed with a 2x4 about 16" tall. IM001189.jpg & IM001192.jpg show the 2x4 support. IM001193.jpg shows the corner of the roof at the other...
  3. damadake

Slab vent

We have another idea on the tub. If we change the location of the tub to the back wall, then build a partition between the front and where the existing pipes are located, could we re-route only the drain from the tub to the existing shower drain location, leaving the vent in tact, or does this...
  4. damadake

Slab vent

it's not really that close to the wall, though it is closer than I would like. I was using one of those online designer tools to get an idea of how the room would play out. Thanks for your reply!
  5. damadake

Slab vent

Something like this is what I'd like to end up with.
  6. damadake

Slab vent

I"m attaching a rough sketch of the existing area (probably should have tried to do this to begin with). This is the plan . Move the water lines going down the shower wall to go down a new wall partition where the shower door exists today. . Re-route the shower vent to run up the new wall...
  7. damadake

Slab vent

I'm easily confused, sorry. The existing vent only serves the shower, so is it correct or not to run a horizontal vent for 30", then up the other partition? Is this within code, or a violation? Thanks!
  8. damadake

Slab vent

I guess this answers the question... DWV System Design There is no such thing as a horizontal waste pipe. All waste pipes must run vertically or have enough downward pitch or slope to allow gravity to do its job and pull the water quickly through the pipe. Drainpipes cannot snake around...
  9. damadake

Slab vent

I'm assuming that means it is a violation, right?
  10. damadake

Slab vent

You are correct, the vent would be in the middle of the tub. :-) Raising the tub was my original thought, and would prefer it to hacking the slab. Are there any functional or violation types of issues with just raising it, then adding a stub in front of the tub? Thanks
  11. damadake

Slab vent

great information, thank you! I'm in TX, and the house is a 1960's vintage. My thought on movement was to move the vent forward to the new partition wall, rather than back to the slab edge. I would think staying away from the edge of the slab would be a good thing when tearing it up. Is there...
  12. damadake

Slab vent

I suppose breaking the concrete is a common practice in these circumstances? Are there any long term slab risks associated with this? Last but not least, what kind of $ am I looking at to have this done? I appreciate all of the feedback. Thanks!
  13. damadake

Slab vent

breaking the concrete seems a scary thing to me, so I'd probably have someone else do that. :-) So the drain size is also an issue? Can it be reduced with a fitting, or is there more demo required for the drain. Here's my (really poor) attempt at showing the layout...
  14. damadake

Slab vent

The vent is midway between the back wall and the back of the shower, but the tub would extend the entire length. The vent runs from the slab (cast iron) through the ceiling and out the roof. A picture would probably help, but I'm not sure how to upload one here. Thanks for taking time to...
  15. damadake

Slab vent

I have a master bath with dead space behind the existing wall (used to be an old closet). The current bath is ~6'x7' but could be 12'x7' when the dead space is utilized.The bath has only a shower and the vent pipe runs up the back wall of the shower. There is sufficient room to install a tub in...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks