Recent content by curt21

1. curt21

new softener question

So gary, the water softener will not remove any H2S? I have a rainfresh 5micron filter on the main line after the softener, should I swap the 5micron out for a carbon filter? Water softener systems are all new for me, i still have the system set at default levels for now
  2. curt21

new softener question

I sent a sample to lab but little did i know they only tested for bacteria so i am waiting to find a lab to test more parameters. Only the cold water has this smell.
  3. curt21

new softener question

Thanks. however i think i mistaken the off taste. I believe its actually hydrogen sulfide gas as the odor taste is that "rotten egg smell". Should the water softener eventually remove this or am i going to have to install a carbon filter under my kitchen sink? Keep in mind my softener is only...
  4. curt21

new softener question

Hi I just installed a watts premier 40000 grain water softener and it seems to be working perfectly. Its only been a few hours since install and the treated water seems to have a slight salty taste. My hardness setting is at 25, if its swt too high would it cause extra salt in the water whoch...
  5. curt21

iron removal method question

As it turns out my well water is loaded with iron beyond the capacity of a water softener resulting in stained fixtures, odor etc.. I have been told there is an easy solution for the iron removal but wanted to check here first: install a simple inline chlorine dispenser ( i assume similar to...
  6. curt21

iron removal

Here is another thought/question: I've read online that chlorination can be very beneficial for iron removal, sulfur odor removal, bacteria treatment etc. Since I am running of a shallow well would it be a good idea to regularly treat the well with a certian amount of chlorine solution (the well...
  7. curt21

iron removal well water

Tom as I mentioned I submitted water for testing today. I am completely green to water filtration, so I will appologize if some of my questions are out to lunch. I have been told by a filtration company that a greensand filter can also eliminate iron and other dissolved contaminants, would this...
  8. curt21

iron removal well water

Having the water tested today. While I'm waiting for results from the lab, will the .3 micron ceramic/carbon filter cartridge remove the odor from the water?
  9. curt21

iron removal well water

Thanks so what do you all suggest? Will my iron removal method be dependant on pH? If my pH is too high or low would that be causing the iron to not settle out?
  10. curt21

iron removal well water

Hi from my recently dug shallow well I am getting rust staining on my toilet and an iron odor in my water. I know a water softener or iron filtration system is the best option. However is there a cartridge filter I can get for my rainfresh whole home inline filter that will reduce the iron...
  11. curt21

iron removal well water

Hi from my recently dug shallow well I am getting rust staining on my toilet and an iron odor in my water. I know a water softener or iron filtration system is the best option. However is there a cartridge filter I can get for my rainfresh whole home inline filter that will reduce the iron...
  12. curt21

iron removal

I have a rain fresh whole home filter in my main line - will a ceramic .3 micron filter with a carbon core (as sold by canadian tire, etc.) reduce the iron for a temporary fix?
  13. curt21

iron removal

Lately I've noticed rust colored staining on toilet bowk and a brownish red residue left on white clothing after wash cycle. My well water also has an odor that is earthy/metallic. I believe the issue is a high iron content. What is the easiest way to remove it: Water softener, sand filter, some...
  14. curt21

question: slow recharge rate in shallow well

Hi there, quick question on the recharge rate of a shallow well. I have a 2 foot diameter well 16 feet underground with about 10 feet of water when full (top of water table at this time of year). How long should it take for the well to fill to the top level? Running the well down to the foot...
  15. curt21

gray cloudy water from well

Hi recently i installed a shallow dug well with lots of water. initiall the water was very turbid and cloudy gray. i have sonce pumped the well off twice and after recharging, the water is clearer but still has a gray cloudy tint. last night i poured bleach into a glass of the cloudy water...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks