Recent content by Cubfan_Mark

1. Cubfan_Mark

Help - guidance on recessed lighting

Thanks for the feedback. I do have access to the Juno lighting. I am thinking about the 5" or 6" cans with an open trim. I also want to put these on a dimmer. Is there a light bulb recommendation, as I am using this for general lighting needs. Thanks.
  2. Cubfan_Mark

Help - guidance on recessed lighting

Good afternoon - I am finishing my basement, 9' walls, and I plan to install a suspended ceiling at about 8', so I don't have to build soffits around ducts, etc. So there will be about a foot difference between my floor joists and my suspended ceiling. I notice they have both new...
  3. Cubfan_Mark

Help - installing a basement bathroom vent

I haven't heard of a remote blower fan below. Where is it mounted? How does the moist air get pulled from the room? Do you have any links to a good brand?
  4. Cubfan_Mark

Help - installing a basement bathroom vent

Good afternoon - I am finishing my basement and now in need of installing a bathroom vent. Because the front of my house is brick, I need to run my bathroom fan vent to the back side of the house. This is approx. 30 feet acroos the width of my ranch house basement. I know the max I can run...
  5. Cubfan_Mark

Help - water heater flue pipe leak

Thanks for the feedback. I'm moved the flue off of the wood. The flue piping tends to sag a little bit. My relative is going to get a metal piece to act as a support. We added more screws between the joints and the leaks are now going to the water heater. I am going to call an HVAC guy...
  6. Cubfan_Mark

would you guess then be that there is snow/ice that is making its way in through the flue vent cap on the roof? The condensation that comes down the flue pipe into the water heater - is that common - and are there any other consequences besides rusting at the top of the water heater? Thanks.
  7. Cubfan_Mark

Thanks for the feedback. I had a Wisconsin certified plumber move this, though he's now informed me its generally the heating folks that do the vent work and he just connects the hot water heater. I'm not sure I understand the difference between single and double wall flue? The furnace...
  8. Cubfan_Mark

Hi - I had my gas hot water heater moved about 4 feet a week ago. To do this, a new elbow or about 45 degree joint in the flue pipe metal tubing was made. I noticed when we're using hot water and the hot water heater is engaged, condensation begins leaking from a very small leak in this joint...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks