Recent content by crosby1

1. crosby1

Tankless Water heater problem

Hoping I can get some opinions on this problem. We did a major house renovation last year and went with a Navien tankless heater with a recirculation pump. The house is ranch style, the unit is in the garage. The closet sink to the unit is a 1/2 bathroom, then kitchen, then guest bathroom...
  2. crosby1

Backflow preventer in crawlspace??

well, it is in a convenient place. it's right inside the door to the crawl space. my question has more to do with what happens if and when water comes out of it? i mean, i'm going to have to winterize the system soon and then it will be filled with air. when i turn the water back on in the...
  3. crosby1

Backflow preventer in crawlspace??

i just had an irrigation system installed @ the house. for now, i opted to tap off the water main under the house and not have a separate meter installed. they put the backflow preventer in the crawlspace and i was wondering if this is an acceptable place for it to be? there were quite a...
  4. crosby1

Tool for scratchless install?

hj: you are right. that's exactly how i ended up installing the assembly. now, the problem is that there is a very slow leak from the showerhead/showerarm threaded connection. this is despite teflon tape. should i use a thread sealant here instead? would that work better than the tape?
  5. crosby1

both good ideas. thanks very much.
  6. crosby1

ok, so i need to install a straight showerarm in the ceiling for an overhead rainshower. i don't want to scratch the finish. i tried a strap wrench; couldn't get it tight enough and the strap broke. i don't think i want to grab it with vice grips wrapped with cloth; i tried this once...
  7. crosby1

What Tool to Use

strap wrench...that's it! thanks very much.
  8. crosby1

What Tool to Use

what tool do i need to install shower fixtures (arms, showerheads, etc.) that will grip without damaging the finish? i thought i had once seen something that looked kind of like a oil filter wrench, except it was made of rubber. any ideas? thanks. pietre.
  9. crosby1

Copper Pipe Sweating Question

thanks cass, so really, all fittings have to be sweated both sides at the same time? no way to do one side of a fitting then come back to do the other without screwing up the first one? one more (stupid) question: when sweating a vertical fitting (like a straight connector), how does...
  10. crosby1

Copper Pipe Sweating Question

i'm getting ready to install a shower rough-in valve and all associated plumbing connections. i need to attach a few elbows to the valve before installing it. question: if i sweat the elbows to the valve and then come back to sweat the pipe to the elbows, how do i prevent the 1st solder...
  11. crosby1

Vent Question

thanks. there's actually going to a knee-wall on the left to about 48". i think i'll run the new vent in that wall and then run it vertically up the back. thanks for the suggestions. p.
  12. crosby1

Vent Question

thanks herk. basically all i want to do is re-route the vent from "A" to the other wall "B". the vent is between the jacuzzi tub and the shower stall. i'd run the new vent under the shower floor and up the wall marked "B" in the photo. then in the attic, back across to stack "A". i...
  13. crosby1

Vent Question

Does a vent have to be a straight run or can it incorporate 90 degree right angles? I'm re-doing a shower stall; one wall is going to be glass block...right in the middle of that wall is a vent, so I'm wondering if I can simply re-route the vent to the other side of the stall using 90 degree...
  14. crosby1

CPVC to Copper

Yeah, about those Sharkbite things. I've been reading on some of the posts here that they haven't been out long enough to have proved themselves. again, this plumbing is going to be in a wall that once tiled, will have absolutely no access. the Sharkbite connectors seem like a good idea, but...
  15. crosby1

CPVC to Copper

OK to use threaded fittings behind a wall with no access panel???
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks