Recent content by Crooz1n

1. Crooz1n

Can someone check my Math and help with calculation?

Thanks Dana. I'm probably obsessing way to much over all this but hey everyone needs a hobby. I check the gas usage every Wednesday morning before I leave for work so Its pretty close to same time. I look at boiler run time total as well as ignition cycles to calculate run time average. Just for...
  2. Crooz1n

Can someone check my Math and help with calculation?

If I take my gas usage for the week and convert to therms . ( Cubic feet x 99.9761) Then convert to BTU ( 1 therm =1000043.059) If I divide the total BTU by HDD will that end up giving me the heat loss for the house on that day? For example I used 3000 cubic feet of gas during week of...
  3. Crooz1n

Do I need Primary / secondary piping?

Thank you gentlemen. I will continue to work SLOWLY with the heating curve. As I am leaving to go hunting for a few days and we are expecting a cold snap, I don't think it advisable to lower the temperature while leaving the wife at home. Since she is cold natured anyway I will wait until I...
  4. Crooz1n

Yes the inspector even said we'd have to watch it during the summer and keep some liquid in it. He said if we started to notice a smell then its probably dried out. Seems like the other way was better. At least it was sealed. Now the top of the trap is open. Do you or The badger have a...
  5. Crooz1n

The burn times have averaged around 2.5 hrs. The total run time has been 97 hrs and 4500 Cubic feet in the last two weeks. I forget exactly how many ignition cycles there have been ( 57 maybe with 5 fails ) as I am not at home with my data but I have started writing this info down each...
  6. Crooz1n

Tom the inspector agreed about the condensate drain once I pointed it out (Thank You!) and the contractor has been told he has to install it into a trap. he said sort of like one you'd dump a washing machine in. Both will be back tomorrow to hopefully get the final inspection done.
  7. Crooz1n

Badger- Thanks for replying. The air scoop is still n place but the relief valve was removed and plugged. new vent valve installed There is a new pressure relief on the boiler. Outdoor reset is installed on north wall and hooked up. I have it set to 160 @16 and wwsd at 70. I currently have it...
  8. Crooz1n

So do u think I should lower the max boiler temp from 120 to 110?
  9. Crooz1n

I'm not running any setback. Thermostat set @70 BUT... this morning I noticed it overshot 2-3 degrees. I wonder if that's due to the old thermostat and anticipator or that I have the circ pump set to run 20 min after call for heat is met.The default is 10 min but I am trying to make sure to get...
  10. Crooz1n

Dana Its been running for ~a week and I looked at ignitions 22 and run time 52 hrs. That's giving me burn times of 2 + hrs. too much? I noticed before the call for heat comes on the supply reading will sometimes be ~ 68-69F. I have seen no internal flow reading.
  11. Crooz1n

Here's the picture you wanted Tom. Here is supply/return temps from this AM.
  12. Crooz1n

just went down (11:54)and boiler is running right now the supply temp is 113 and return 97. Its been running for 7 days and has had 22 ignitions 1 failed and run time is 52 hrs. When I got home from work it was in standby and supply temp was at 85 I think. 7 am- Supply is at 120 53%input...
  13. Crooz1n

Sorry but whats Hockey tape.:confused: I live too far south to know hockey:) maybe masking tape or duct tape. I could also just see what the controller is reporting as there is a thermistor on supply and return.
  14. Crooz1n

Tom its just the vinyl line inserted into what looks like a cleanout plug and sealed w/ RTV. I'll take a picture tonight when i get home. Dana I see no max on flow. Should I throttle back one of the service valves near the pump to reduce flow?
  15. Crooz1n

The chimney has been sealed since I took the picture. The peerless manual says min system pressure of 14.5 and min flow rate of 2.2 but I did not see a max flow. The pump is spec'd from their chart page 20 Table 4.5. I suppose that's where the installer chose the pump from. Condensate pump runs...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks