Recent content by Crobinson661

1. Crobinson661

Finishing Basement - Insulating Walls and Floors

Cacher_chick, The poly on the wall is out. I totally agree. I guess two of the questions I am trying to answer is: A) Will the XPS allow enough ventilation to not direct any moisture that MAY find its way into the wall up to the sill. B) I had a link in my previous reply for John Mansville...
  2. Crobinson661

DougB, the answer to this is because I am buying a 945 square foot townhouse for $160K which is slightly below the average price for a property like this. This townhome has a basement, which most of these in this area don't. I NEEDED that because we have a roommate whose rent payment will pay...
  3. Crobinson661

First, thank you everyone for your replies. Rest assured as I become more well educated I will def. hang around and pay it forward. Hopefully I can save you all from answering the same questions twice, or three times! LOL! Yeah, I did some more research based on the suggestions on here and...
  4. Crobinson661

I really like the idea of studding ON TOP OF the xps, but I'm using 2" for the R-10 and can't really figure hom I'm going to attach them to the wall through 2" of foam. This would solve my depth issue with the 2" thick foam but 1.5" studs though. You're way up north like me, (further even)...
  5. Crobinson661

I read something today that explained that some people will actually use 1/4 fan fold xps under their sill studs to provide a thermal break and a vapor retarder. I'm Thinking of doing this. I thought you had to use PT for sill applications (I think my town requires it actually). Also, I...
  6. Crobinson661

Hello all, I am new to the forum and just scheduled my home inspection on my first house! I have worked at Lowes for 10 years and that gives me about zero practical knowledge but 100% confidence that I can do a lot of stuff myself with the right advice and access to a lot of information...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks