Recent content by crazynick

1. C

Can I tie a basement vent into drain pipe of upstairs sink?

Vent tie in locations Just to make sure I understand for future reference. If I have a 2 story house and wish to use a single stand pipe as a vent, all the separate vent lines must be connected above the overflow height of the highest connection. The connections I am making are downstream...
  2. C

Connect above flood plane? Connecting above the flood plane, do you mean above the trap of the sink? All of the old pipes in this house are using the stand pipe as their vent, and the critical lengths don't match with todays regulations, but I can understand they did when built. So now...
  3. C

My stand pipe is galvanized, but the sink drain from upstairs sink is PVC. Can I tie the vent pipe into the existing drain (ie pipe in ceiling of basement) and make it a wet vent? Is this legitimate, as long as the total horizontal remains under 5' for a 2" pipe? Note: The pvc goes into...
  4. C

Venting questions for basement bathroom

I'm putting a second full bath in our (soon to be) finished basement. I've got a 6' ceiling, so I'm cracking the floor and putting the pipes in cement. My problems or concerns revolve around venting. I'm going to tie in about 8' from where the stack goes into the floor from upstairs, and...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks