Recent content by craniac

1. C

Valve makes loud clacking/buzzing noise, leaks

Picture coming soon I am trapped in a dishwasher repair, but will put a picture up soon. It is old, and it has a solenoid and can be manually opened as well.
  2. C

Valve makes loud clacking/buzzing noise, leaks

I've got a valve that makes a loud clacking/buzzing noise when it is activated. It sounds like someone is banging the pipes in our basement. Also, the pressure is reduced on this station, and it is submerged in water when it operates. 1. Is this because there is a clog, a leak, a bad valve...
  3. C

#heads per control station?

We moved into this house three years ago. This season, two heads aren't getting enough water, and because they are pop-ups they are just dribbling water onto the sidewalk. I tested our water pressure with a milk jug and we are getting nine gallons per minute. There are 13 sprinklers attached...
  4. C

How I destroyed my lawn (Sprinkler Troubleshooting)

Last winter I didn't turn off my sprinkler water. This boneheaded move created a domino effect, trashing my lawn. Last spring two of the bleeder valves had blown out, so I replaced them, then none of my sprinklers worked. I thought there was a clog or something, and watered by hand all...
  5. C

Controller recommendations

I have an Irritrol Total Control that came with the house. It is not sending 24VAC to the terminals, but power is coming from the transformer. There are no error messages to speak of. I have six stations in my sprinkler system and am looking for recommendations for a controller that won't...
  6. C

replacing irritrol transformer

Ah, I realized I was using the wrong setting on my multimeter. The Transformer is fine, but no power is going to the stations from the posts when I turn them on. So I will probably just replace the entire box.
  7. C

replacing irritrol transformer

My sprinklers didn't come on this Spring, so after replacing a few things I finally put a multimeter on the transformer and it is dead. Is it hard to swap in a new transformer? My irritrol transformer unplugs from the wall, so no danger of frying myself. Do I have to buy the replacement from...
  8. C

Fixed two leaks, but no water coming out.

I paid my son (10) a dollar per valve to find my overgrown valve boxes. It only took him an hour of probing with the aerator tool. Cheaper than paying a pro! None of my valve boxes work, except manually. So I am guessing we have a wiring problem.
  9. C

update: On my two exposed valves I opened the needle valve/bleeder thing, and manually opened the valves, and they are working. They are also leaking out of the piece that you turn to open the valve. Now I have to figure out where the rest of my valves are buried. To add to the fun, the...
  10. C

Yes, I manually opened two of the valves. They are getting water, too, as when I re-opened the main sprinker valve and removed one of the bleeder caps, water was gushing out. I think I'm over my head at this point and will bring someone in rather than dig up the entire system
  11. C

Ok, I'm clueless and didn't winterize. I replaced three burst drains coming off of two automatic valves. Now when I turn the water on and cycle through the stations, no water is coming out of any of the stations. I checked and the two valves are turned counterclockwise, and are...
  12. C

Is this a pressure release valve?

Thanks! Do I just crank on it to remove it? It appears to be glued on. Do I just crank on it with the right wrench to remove it? Thanks!
  13. C

Is this a pressure release valve?

I know nothing about sprinklers, except that our new (to us) house has them and I didn't turn them off last winter. There is water shooting out of this piece next to one of the controllers. The piece is capped off with some sort of filter, but when I turn the water on it shoots out of a 1/4"...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks