Recent content by Craig Cannon

1. Craig Cannon

Bathroom Exhaust Fan

I installed these same timers in my previous house and will be installing them here this weekend. I agree they are great and keep the wife from leaving the fan on all day!
  2. Craig Cannon

Bathroom Exhaust Fan

Thanks for the replies. The Solatube option is way more than I want to spend on this job, and the auto-adjustable Panasonic, while nice, is crazy expensive for a small exhaust fan. I'm thinking the best option is to put in a larger fan and run new 4" duct to the soffit. The 3" runs to the...
  3. Craig Cannon

Bathroom Exhaust Fan

Hopefully this is the correct forum. In my master bath, there is a single exhaust fan installed and I'm guessing it original (house built in 92). I don't know the CFM, but it only has a 3" vent and based on the fan size I'm guessing 50 - 70 cfm. I know the fan is woefully undersized even...
  4. Craig Cannon

Please help me identify this pipe

Well, I was incorrect and the black pipe apparently was the original main as suggested above. However, it's not a plastic line but actually a sleeve over a galvanized line. The plumber that did the repair guessed it was the original line that came up thru the slab into the a wall space...
  5. Craig Cannon

House is on a slab and built in 92. Most (maybe all) houses in my neighborhood have identical setup for water main into house, so I'm sure it's the original setup. The line enters the house at the top of the pipe - level of he hose wye. The white line is pvc up to the valve and is 1". The...
  6. Craig Cannon

I uploaded a 2nd pic to give a better idea of the loacation. No sprinkler system installed. The line is not pressurized when the water is on to the house, so if it's not a drain I'm not sure what it could be. It goes into the foundation at a steep angle (not sure if that matters) and it...
  7. Craig Cannon

Oh, maybe I did not explain well my actual question. I'm wanting to know what the pipe's purpose is. Is it a drain line? There is a 1/2 bathroom on the other side of that wall and I know it's not a toilet drain due to the size, so it could be the sink drain I guess. Seems odd to me, but I'm...
  8. Craig Cannon

I have a water leak underground and I started digging down where my main water line (white PVC) comes out of the ground and goes into the house. I was careless and hit the black pipe in the picture with my shovel and cracked it. What is this pipe? Looks like ABS, but I'm not certain...
  9. Craig Cannon

Fix crack or replace toilet tank

Here is an epoxy you can use. It's cheap (about $6 at HD) and probably readily available near you. I just used some on a cracked PVC drain and it worked great and is as extremely easy to apply. Should be good for at least a temporary fix until you can get a new tank...
  10. Craig Cannon

Nail cracked PVC on toilet drain, can it be patched/filled?

I decided to give the Waterweld a try and it worked as described. After reading info and reviews, I have little reason to doubt that it won't be a permanent fix, but I'll keep a check on it over time. The good news is it's in an exterior wall that's in the garage, so have a small section at...
  11. Craig Cannon

I cant get all the way around it. Rubber with hose clamps works on pipes under pressure so I know it work here, but I cant get to the back side at all. JB Weld has epoxys that work on PVC, so thinking I may give that a try. Anyone have any experience with Waterweld...
  12. Craig Cannon

Today I noticed my floor in the garage where the drain pipe goes down into the ground was wet. I started searching for the leak and long story short, I finally stuck a garden hose down the drain (with toiled removed) and started removing drywall. What I found was a piece of PVC is cracked and...
  13. Craig Cannon

Closet Flange and Spacer for Ceramic/Porcelain Tile

I'm no plumber, but I would think as long as it's at the proper height, what it's setting on is insignificant (as long as it supports the weight). Drilling 6 core holes with a basic power drill thru porcelain tiles would take me a while. Plus, if I screw up and break the tile or the bit...
  14. Craig Cannon

Closet Flange and Spacer for Ceramic/Porcelain Tile

I finally got my floor ready for tile with the new pipe stubbed up to proper height. I started thinking securing the flange down thru the tile and decided I needed to find out what drill bit I needed for this. In just a few minutes of searching I realized this was not going to be simple, and...
  15. Craig Cannon

Found problem, only to now have more questions.

That makes sense, but I don't have access underneath without tearing into the ceiling below. However, I guess I can lay the new sub floor down, then lay the old tile down (I was able to remove it in whole pieces with the backer board still attached), to get a better measurement at true...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks