Recent content by CrackedCastIron

1. CrackedCastIron

Using a Sanitary Tee as Vent directly connected to P-Trap trap?

Not to scale unfortunately. I'm far more than 5' to the stack. This single stud bay is really my only option for venting. The rest of the pipe's length it's running under an electrical conduit with no room to pass upwards as a vent inside the stud wall. I can either vent it entirely with...
  2. CrackedCastIron

Did some more research and found the term, the second picture is a non-code "Crown Vent" Looks like I'll find another way. I'd still be interested in hearing why that is not code, if anyone known. From my perspective the crown vent would prevent a syphon of the trap.
  3. CrackedCastIron

Image of the two options if the original pictures are hard to understand:
  4. CrackedCastIron

What's wrong with the first? Using that sanitary tee on it's back? That it's backwards? Thanks.
  5. CrackedCastIron

First pic shows what I believe would be a standard install. P-Trap + P-Trap elbow, connected to a vent. Second pic shows using a sanitary tee RATHER than the elbow that came with the P-Trap, functioning as both the P-Trap elbow and as the vent coming out the top. Are there any issues with this...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks