Recent content by cowboyjosh78

1. cowboyjosh78

Buying a house with CSST? Opinions needed

So as ya'll might know from previous postings Im a custom home builder. I personally don't care for CSST gas pipe, but have used it in the past and in times when we finish out basements, etc. A part of me thinks the lightning issues is crap. One of the reason I think its crap is because Im...
  2. cowboyjosh78

Water Heater Tank Question

more like "lazy". For new builds or remodeling, he's the man, call backs, not so much. I like to think of it that he might be the "best of the worst". When things were booming, he had 14 guys working for him doing new homes, basement finishes, and commercial jobs; when everything tanked...
  3. cowboyjosh78

No its not hammer or kid damage; these folks kids are all in college. This is a 2 million dollar house, and not to stereotype but folks with this price tag house, usually don't mess with things like water heaters, they call builders like myself and tell me to "take care or it". So I called...
  4. cowboyjosh78

Would You Completely Re-Pipe?

The house has a basement, all the plumbing is accessable since the basement has ceiling tiles, the kitchen plumbing is a bit more concealed i found out as the kitchen is over top a cistern. In that part of the world hot water tanks do rust and fail, but apparently its rare for copper to fail...
  5. cowboyjosh78

Would You Completely Re-Pipe?

So I know some folks in Ohio who are about to undertake upon a major remodel to a custom ranch type house built in either 1976 or 1980, I can't remember the year; anyways they asked me if id be a good idea to rip out and re-pipe and re-wire all the spaces being touched. For example the kitchen...
  6. cowboyjosh78

Replacing a garbage disposer

I wish Terry were my plumber.
  7. cowboyjosh78

I was done with a reply, but I hit the wrong button and it was gone. So here I try again. I told the homeowner were going to replace both tanks, warranty or not; as well as the expansion tank and whatever else my plumber suggest. Both tanks, one being allot worse then the other appear to be...
  8. cowboyjosh78

Hey Everyone: Its been awhile since I posted anything here, but I have a question. I build homes and I have a couple that we had the two year walk thru, and my homeowner had a concern about one of the two Rheem Guardian 50 Gallon Natural Gas Water Heaters. The top of one of the two heaters is...
  9. cowboyjosh78

PEX Concerns, should I worry?

I was kind of wondering about the ZURN too, thanks to those who replied; I was just at a Parade of Homes house this past weekend that was plumbed with the ZURN fittings in question. I remember when I bought my house in 08 that has ZURN fittings I went to ZURNS website to check out their...
  10. cowboyjosh78

PEX Concerns, should I worry?

I wonder this too; there thousands of houses in the Denver area with Zurn Pex.
  11. cowboyjosh78

TOTO Neorest 550 MS980CMG Dual Flush product review and comments

Alright, I was just a little concerned about clearances so that the waste pipe and water supply don't have to be relocated. I am hoping this is a run of the mill toilet swap and not a full blown remodel. So for the TOTO if the water supply isn't in the ideal perfect location as your pictures on...
  12. cowboyjosh78

TOTO Neorest 550 MS980CMG Dual Flush product review and comments

Installation Question. So I am thinking about ordering and installing a TOTO Neorest, and I have a couple installation questions. I jointed this forum just to ask about the TOTO. First off my water supply (Zurn Pex) comes up thru the floor and is, thats how they plumb here in this part of...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks